Maximum 15X6 Wheel Offset?

ClayW

They might, or they might need just a little spacer.

Kinda depends on what tires you run.

FWIW, et is independent of diameter, so since 6" 14 et35's work,

6" 15's will, too. Up to a point where you have to leave the tires off.

'dude, i got 22's'

'dude, you got no tires'

t

CLAY!

Ok, now that I've said hello I'll post the link that I always post:

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

I would type in your current wheels and tires and your potential wheels and tires and see what you get.

Who knows, maybe you are on to something.

Just one thing about spacers... I hate em! They normally aren't allowed on race tracks because of the added danger when using them. Have you ever seen a cars wheel fly off at high speed?

However, a 5mm spacer is probably small enough that it won't do much harm. Just make sure that you will have enough threads left on the lug once the spacer is in there.

HTH,

Jay

Just one thing about spacers... I hate em! They normally aren't allowed on race tracks because of the added danger when using them. Have you ever seen a cars wheel fly off at high speed?

Many many cars run spacers on the race track, you need longer studs to do it safely. Never heard of it being banned or not allowed unless its class/competitive thing

They normally aren't allowed on race tracks because of the added danger when using them.

...must be an east- coast thing- I have a stack of 'em, and sometimes

run 2 per wheel, depending on how the tires and rims fit.

I DO have a religious attachment to the torque wrench, though.

t

I guess that I've only watched fancy races where the teams have figured their proper wheel spacing for certain situations and have different wheels for each setup.

I myself don't have a good history at the race track, so I will bow to all who know better than I!

Nonetheless, use longer studs with spacers. And get those shmancy center-finding spacers or whatever you call those things.

Jay

. And get those shmancy center-finding spacers or whatever you call those things.

Jay

The word is hub-centric, and no, wheel spacers for the 2002 are lug-centric (the lug nuts (hole configuration) center the wheel on the hub). As long as you get 4x100 spacers, you will be fine. I found that velocitymotorcars.com have a wide variety of spacers at reasonable prices.

Ok, Maybe i should stop talking like a doofus and clarify many of my statements...

I think that what I recalled as racers not being allowed to use wheels spacers should actually be racers are not allowed to use multiple wheel spacers on one wheel. This makes it incredibly difficult for the wheel to sit flsuh to both of the spacers and the hub, preventing the frictional transfer of force which belays that force into a shear force on the lugs (studs), thereby stressing them in a manner for which they were not designed and cause premature failure. Run-on, but its 4:30 in the morning!

Also, I have always heard that hub centric was safer than lug-centric, but I guess that would not be the case if one's hub happened to be a little off from center. Whatever you choose, make sure there is as little wiggle as possible in the spacer while still allowing it to lay flat against the hub face.

Finally, you need to have a number of threads exposed once the wheel is placed on the hub and spacer that exceeds the diameter of the stud. I like twice the diameter of the stud, but thats just me. Safety first.

Finally, super large offset wheels will RUIN wheel bearings. I don't think that 10mm either way will hurt much, but more than that certainly could.

Ok. 'Nuff talk, Back to GT5!

...admittedly, I've converted over to E21 stuff, so I'm hub- centric...

but I'm guilty of stacking a 15mm and 20 mm spacer onto Turner studs

to put cantilevered slicks on. They don't vibrate much, and if you're

careful to re- torque them EVERY heat cycle, I haven't had much trouble

with them falling off. But I wouldn't recommend it!

...and an ET50 wheel with 25mm of spacer looks like an ET25 wheel to the

hubs and bearings...

t