Rear vent window screw size???

Todd21

I installing my rear vent windows. The latching mechanism at the rear attaches to the C-pillar via screws. Somewhere I have misplaced the screws that make the connection between the bracket and the C-pillar. Can someone please let me know what they look like or provide sizing information?

Yes, I looked at RealOEM.

Yes, I tried the search function, but found no info, probably too easy a fix.

Max has no listing for these (item #12)

Thank you,

Todd

post-6649-13667634178995_thumb.jpg

Hey mang, while I can see them in my head, I have no way of knowing how to size them. Its a large sheet metal screw. Chrome head I believe.

While you're in there. Tinker with the hinges to get them working again. Most are just frozen from lack of use. Loosen the little set screw on the plastic thumb screw and take them apart. Watch out for what is left of the tiny nylon washers on the pin..(I think that is what I saw in there, but it was so worn I was guessing.) If we could get a good sample of one of those and copy them, we could get everyone's working properly again..

They're countersunk , Philips head sheet metal screws--probably a #9 or 10. Best way is to take the hinge to the hardware store and find a screw whose head fills the countersunk hole in the hinge. Keep 'em short, and if you can't find chrome, go with stainless steel.

Oh, and those little nylon flat washers in the hinge should be available at the hardware store too.

mike

Guest Anonymous

The little washers are 'fibre' and pretty narrow (the diff btw OD and ID is small.) The nylon washers at the hardware store do work and fit pretty decent but the oem ones are a bit better. Itd be great if someone had a source for those!