Period correct front fog lights

RothBMW2002

72 and rectangular do not go together as period correct.

Why? Lucas rectangular have been around for awhile.

Oh well, maybe you'll be too much of a rebel going rectangular or worse yet be shunned by the "purist" for going against the grain!

Oh well, maybe you'll be too much of a rebel going rectangular or worse yet be shunned by the "purist" for going against the grain!

The OP asked for "period correct." AFAICR, rectangulars started coming out in 74. While people started putting rectangulars on 2002s in 74, they were not period correct for 72.

Some people are purists. Some are not. The beauty of 2002s is that they satisfy the enthusiasm of a wide range of tastes. Personally, I'm as non-purist as they come.

The OP asked for "period correct." AFAICR, rectangulars started coming out in 74. While people started putting rectangulars on 2002s in 74, they were not period correct for 72.

Some people are purists. Some are not. The beauty of 2002s is that they satisfy the enthusiasm of a wide range of tastes. Personally, I'm as non-purist as they come.

Lucas rectangulars have been around since at least '67. Being that the '02 was introduced around that time, seems anyone could've installed them. The orginal owner of the Granada car certainly thought they were "period" back in '70.

Being a newbie I could be wrong but I think this was your options at that time from the dealer:

lights.jpg

Now, you could get any light from any manufacture at that time including Lucas (British) or even have gotten Hella's or Bosch which BMW did source at a time but, this is what the dealer would have sold you as an option when you purchased a car from them.

These were your rear light options:

rearlights.jpg

I still look for the correct fogs and rear but have come to settle for these until I do find the correct ones.

These are correct for 74.

100_9391.jpg

100_9399.jpg

Need identification and photo of period correct rectangular front fog lights for a 72. Thanks.

both shapes,Round and Rectangular are period correct for the 2002. Marchal and Carello are the other MFG's who made driving/fog lamps in the late 60 thru 70's. They are a dime a dozen at German E-P$$. It's all about personal preference. I like the the round lights myself.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Alfa-Giulia-gelbe-Carello-Nebelscheinwerfer-/130457015089?pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item1e5fd81331