clutch hydraulic line ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Is the clear-white plastic line that goes from the

master to the slave stock on early 2002's. If it is,

what is the modern replacement trick?

norm

Guest Anonymous

They're a bit overpriced, but they're available new. You can also have a rubber hydraulic hose made up, just like the brake hoses, at a local hydraulic shop. You can also have a braided-stainless-with-rubber type hose made up, or you might be able to find one of the appropriate length, with the correct end fittings (most of them have AN hardware, and you'll need adapters) in a racing catalog.

I've even used plain steel hard brake line, bent into a big U, for years without a cracking problem.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

My 72 originally had a flexible line with a metal tube at the end. I liked this because it gave enough flex that you could swing the slave cyl out of the way when dropping the trans. I have seen some cars with a rigid pipe running the entire length. The replacement part now will be a clear/white pre-shaped plastic tube with the fittings at either end. This tube may also appear in black plastic with yet another part #. While I don't really like the more rigid plasic, it does work. Just test fit it for clearance before you tighten the fittings.