14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Tip Top just passed away, totaled on I-805, no injuries (nt)

shipm_8

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

William,

I am stunned!! Glad that you are okay. Like the saying goes, "it is better to have love and lost, then to have never loved at all." You had a beautiful car and cared for it well. It took care of you today!

On a brighter note, congratulations on the great news of the little one on the way!!!

Alan

Don't give up on your car..she did not give up on you

From the looks of the pics it seems she can be fixed. Cut away and remove the damaged panels, fix that rearend. Go pay 500 bucks for a body shell and your in business again. You will be surprised at what you may find. 2 new fenders, a hood, a rear quarter. grill etc. Don't give up on your car..she did not give up on you

william

it's truly sad to see tip top and what happen but like other's said 'she used her life to save yours'.

don't give up, see how it goes w/the insurance company.

And one thing to keep in mind, kids LOVE 02's!! my two have so much fun w/'Dad's orange car' that i couldn't imaging not having it around.

don't loose hope. congrats on being a father!

Dave

Don't give up on your car..she did not give up on you

From the looks of the pics it seems she can be fixed. Cut away and remove the damaged panels, fix that rearend. Go pay 500 bucks for a body shell and your in business again. You will be surprised at what you may find. 2 new fenders, a hood, a rear quarter. grill etc. Don't give up on your car..she did not give up on you

I agree! These 02's can take a punch and leave the real precious parts safe - primarily referring to you! but the rest of the insides should be OK too (engine, driveline, interior, etc...)

I was in a smaller scale accident earlier in the year and my daughter and i were fine. My 02 wasn't and 4 months later, it is finally recovering with complete body work repairs and new paint.

Glad you are OK and the other drivers around you were alert enough to not make matters worse.

Your car should live on... one way or another...

-Josh

(who has a Malaga will look as good as your did... one of these days... Panasports and all)

I have a more selfish response to your situation.

I am saddened that we might lose regular contributions from a well-written member of the forum. Your posts are well-crafted, informative and entertaining. We probably would have suffered through several years of reduced postings after the birth of your child, but you'd still be in the club. I fear that this incident may cost us a key player. So I hope you'll find some way to turn this situation around, and quickly. For our sake, if not for your own.

That said, I'm sad to hear of the loss of your car, and sickened by the photos, but glad to know you walked away without a scratch. Simultaneously, I'm excited to learn that you're bringing children into the world. Your meticulous nature and sense of humor will all but ensure your child has an amazing upbringing.

Now back to business. You have several months to get the salvageable parts from your tii into a suitable host so that you can bring your child home in Tip Top's next of kin. Time's a wastin. Let us know how we can help.

Grice