Harness for cold start

1965ek

Hi,

I do not have the complete harness for cold starting and I do not want to destroy the time switch so can anyone be kind and check what colour goes where...

On the thermo time switch... Is it the the white/black or the brown/black wire that goes to the connection marked blue? (if you enlarge the picture it is possible to see where the 90 degree corners are on the connector)

On the cold start fuel valve... Is it the white/red or the brown that goes to the connection marked red?

post-19107-13667634098066_thumb.jpg

post-19107-13667634099483_thumb.jpg

Pg 16 (as numbered in the manual) lists the thermo time switch test. You may be able to figure which terminal is hot...

http://www.2002tii.org/pump/pump_guide_v1.pdf

GL,

Ray

I got that one already and will adjust the KF later. If someone just could check the wire-colours on a working Tii or Turbo then it would be easier for me to be sure I got it right... Cheers

Just looked at my car -

Cold start valve on throttle body:

Red wire goes to the top terminal (closest to the hose clamp)

Thermo-time switch on coolant manifold:

White/black wire goes to terminal closest to KF pump (although I don't think this really matters since it is only a switch)

Thank you sir! This was exactly what I needed.

According to Curt Ingraham there are incidents on the PCB of the delay switch if you mix up the wires for the Thermoswitch. (If you look closely on the contact it can only be mounted in one way which for me indicates that it is important.) As I only have two spades I did not know which wire to go where...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,299908/view,next/sid,95c36ebdbc6b6291f6dedf5ff53c914f/

Send me an e-mail and we can talk on the phone.

That isn't needed now. I am Swedish, and the Tii is sitting in the garage waiting for the snow to go away... I am amazed over all the people in the US, Europe (and Sweden) that has completely fallen for the 02. I have had several brittish cars in the past (MGB, Midgets, Vauxhalls) and that has been fun, but I haven´t seen any car that has gatherd so many "nerds" as the 02. Just look at the super fast reply on my issue in the forum, just to take one axample...

My last car was a MB C107 (SLC) in mint condition, but that car never spoke to me like the brittish cars did. I hope that I have found the holy grale and that I will keep this car for more then a year...

Cheers

cold start harness # 61.12.1.354.671 = $86 list price

from any BMW Dealer in the US - one in stock - order

it today!

2002tiiinjectionpartspart1.jpg

Christer - my '84 W123 300D Turbodiesel talks to me every

day - I love the motor and solid feel compared to my 2002

325xiTouring - wich is in like new condition - the DIESEL is

such a earthy machine with aroma and a deep mechanical

soul.......... sorry your SL didn't talk to ya

w123 is getting more and more difficult to get in good condition. what I was missing from the brittish cars was the sporty nerv. (Especially the -63 Midget which is the closest you can get driving a go-cart on public roads, but it was the most unpractical car I have ever had as it didn't even have door-handles and to put on the roof was more difficult then raising a big tent) The SLC was more of an excellent cruiser with a great torque from the 4.5 litre V8... But sporty? No.

I anyhow opend the time delay switch, and it had 2 traces that was burned on the PCB. (I am not the first one to restore the PCB as there where 3-4 fixes done already and 3 resistors soldered to it) I do not have great hopes for it to work after my repair, but I will find out tomorrow morning when I get to the garage again...

After repair of the delay switch and connecting the harness everything seems to be working just fine. The car has been in a cold garage for 2 weeks, and after cranking it without touching the gas-pedal it started after a few seconds. I had small or no hope for this to happen as the PCB was repaired previous and looked awful.

Thank you for your assistance!