wheel question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

on a standard (no strut spacers)'73 can I run 6jx14 4x100 et 18s alloys without any radical spacers or rolling the fenders? Do I need to do a front end alignment? What tire size/brand would be ideal. No snow, but I am in NH so I need an all season even in the summer time. I want a spirited (for a 50 yr old) drive, no racing or siliness. I am presently using 185/70/13 on standard steel wheels with no problems whatsoever. I was told by the seller it has spacers for the front end. What does that mean? Do I need them? TIA.

Guest Anonymous

spacers should not be needed with a 185/13.. alls ya gotta do is pop off the front wheel and take off the spacer.. reinstall the wheel and try it.. also u should not need spacers for the 14's either depends on the off set of the wheel...

Guest Anonymous

The offset of the 14x6" wheel is 18mm.

1.Will I need spacers?

2.What size tire/brand would you recommend to prserve stock speedo setting?

(I have absolutely no problem with stock steel 13" wheels with 185/70/13)

Guest Anonymous

i have 14x6's with 195/55 rubber (really 195/60's are just bigger than stock and 195/55's are a bit smaller). the wheel offset is 22, and thats too small (it rubs in the back) so I would have to say that et18 is much too small, unless you put really skinny tires on them...i think et28 is about right for that diameter and width of wheel...

Guest Anonymous

So that would mean I would need 10MM spacers to make them work. Is there a drawback to using spacers? What is the best material? Are they readily available at Pep Boys, etc?