14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Throttle cable for conversion to 318 EFI

nbristow01

Yeah I read that. Gives very little detail about this part. I was hoping someone might have a blog on this section that was detailed. Or at least some detailed photos showing the setup at the firewall and at the intake. I have not seen one of these conversions in person so I have zero to draw from right now

There was a guy from Atlanta who finished his car a year ago or so, forgot his

faq id. He and his girl friend (at the time) installed a new headliner using paper clips. He has details about the linkage. I used the parts I mentioned from my tii for the 318i EFi conversion. You need to make one more bracket bolted on the intake. Check finkbuilt (or something) for MS EFI conversion. He has some pictures.I can send you some pictures of my set up this weekend.

Please post your findings? I too have searched the archives but never found an exact solution. I'm probably going to stick with the 318 throttle body (for starters) but the linkage shouldn't be too different.

If somebody comes up with a kit... it looks like there is money to be made...

just sayn....

I used a universal Lokar 18 or 20 inch cable I got from Ebay for $15. You will need to modify your 02 throttle rod to use this cable. I cut the throttle rod in half and welded a plate with a hole to attach the Lokar cable. It worked well during the first install. I will be re-installing my F.I. this weekend (hopefully) after getting a few more parts I needed. Good luck.

lokar-performance-products-TC-1000TP.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 11/17/2010 at 5:59 PM, bluedevils said:

There was a guy from Atlanta who finished his car a year ago or so, forgot his

faq id. He and his girl friend (at the time) installed a new headliner using paper clips. He has details about the linkage. I used the parts I mentioned from my tii for the 318i EFi conversion. You need to make one more bracket bolted on the intake. Check finkbuilt (or something) for MS EFI conversion. He has some pictures.I can send you some pictures of my set up this weekend.

I know this is old, but could you send me some picture of your throttle linkage?