1969 Baur cabrio 1600

NM/NA

Could be a good candidate depending on rust and reserve.

El Dorado Hills is East of Sacramento.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230551783463&viewitem=

Easy to say that this is one very rare car. I purchased in South Africa in 2003 and have kept it in my garage awaiting resto since. Never got to it.

Car was manufactured on January 31st and was delivered to Euro-Republic Automobile distributors (PTY) ltd. in Pretoria on June 3rd 1969. I bought it in Port Elizabeth while on a business trip.

320i 5 speed. Engine looks to be in good shape and was set up originally with dual webers so the engine has a mild cam.

There is a rust issue on the passenger rear floor. Not bad. Also around the gas tank mounting area in the trunk. The rest from what I can see looks pretty good.

I have many spare parts for body and mechanical. doors, hood, trunk. I collected them just to have them in case I needed them.

Car does not run as is has no carb on it.

Seats and dash were done in South Africa and look nice. New top needed and carpet and obviously all the trim. The "black out" look was popular in Germany.

South Africa license plates included. bumpers are not but I will have them available later if needed.

The car is registered in California.

post-524-13667633905419_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mark! Any faqers in sac want to check this out? My m2 build is getting a little out of control..decided to build a new evo s14 2.5l rather than use the freshly rebuilt 2.3l that I had previously bought. I think the cabrio was my next build. I have a line on a rusty shell but could store this is if it is decent and not rusty.

mo's72tii in Laguna Beach was looking for one to restore. This could be a decent starting point.

Mark92131

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Yes the werk shop is very expensive, but they do nice work.

There is Ben T.. Sorry - I forget his name but is in the Illinois area and does great work and is fair from what I understand. There is an active 2002 group around there. You should post in the main section and ask who else is from your area.

Cabrios are the Holy grail of our model so keep that in mind when making decisions regarding repair and restoration.

Best of luck to you.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/topic_view,threads/p,510099/t,306589/

;-)

Yes the werk shop is very expensive, but they do nice work.

There is Ben T.. Sorry - I forget his name but is in the Illinois area and does great work and is fair from what I understand. There is an active 2002 group around there. You should post in the main section and ask who else is from your area.

Cabrios are the Holy grail of our model so keep that in mind when making decisions regarding repair and restoration.

Best of luck to you.

I'm in the Chicago area and would love to see the cab. I've got a '64 1800Ti in the garage right now and a '69 2002 at Sports Car Restoration getting the full Alpina pig-cheek work over.

Ben T. is Ben Thongsai. He is awesome and is highly respected in the BMW community. I don't think he does resto's, but I would trust him with any mechanical work. If you need his contact info, just email me with the button above.

Thanks,

I will need to call him. At some point a getrag 240 was put into the car, a less than professional job. I am going to drop the sub frame and engine this weekend if it doesnt snow again to start work on it but it may be more than I can handle. to get this running again

Do you know someone that does body work in the Chicago area? I may go whole hog and have it done down to the frame. I wanted to be driving it by spring but I think that was very wishful thinking.

Thanks Mike