Tidbits....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

installed the little "j"hooks on the grills of A4 yesterday. I still think the 02 design team spent too much time at the Hoffbrau House during lunch breaks... hell, i never even knew 02s had these hooks and knob until i saw one on one side of the 72 after I bought it. I had to have complete set for both cars... kinda like having the little plastic piece that covers the rear window attachment hardware- they are just gone on most cars because of decay. BUT, Carl Nelson had a whole bag of them at 02 fest west last year. Anyway, put in a new voltage reg. too just for giggles to keep volt meter steady. still getting red light flicker on hard accel. will put in new alt. with new engine . was fun to tinker with the A4, killing me that I cannot drive it hard ( not really supposed tom drive at all with rod knock so bad). so, at least my grills are "complete"- thanks Paul: you da man for esoteric 02 pieces. Sahara gets some TLC today, then both go back into suspended animation for another 4-6 weeks. ///

Guest Anonymous

My turbo threw a rod bearing a few weeks ago. I am going to the shop right now to at least re-assemble the whole bottom end, I am still waiting for the copper head gasket though. hopefully this time it will work! i tried not to drive to far with the knock, so the crank was luckily re-usable. I know how it feels, it really sucks huh?? -Reid

Guest Anonymous

sounds like we have similar bad luck. i am going to get a new bottom because the Metric Mechanic 2.2L late 80s engines had some "weak" components, and I dont want to throw good money and have suspect things left. the engine has 60k very hard miles on it: everyone who has ever driven this car has taken it to 10/10ths, so i will get a spanking new 2.2L bottm and top too. of course, waiting for all the funds to be inplace before jumping into project, so there i am driving very softly... it sucks, but i dont want to throw a rod. Hope your repair gets you back into the proper rpms. I will be really happy when I get rid of this lame duck bottom. ///