• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Draco02 is a worthless piece of crap

esty

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would it be so hard to group items, like the Tii suspension into "tii struts/trailing arms + calipers", or the three sets of wheels? It really is rude to post all of those ads like that. I understand some people don't like reading through an ad which has multiple parts listed, but dividing up something like the tii suspension bits into three ads is ridiculous. I've never seen a forum where it's standard practice to do that. Also for those saying it's not a problem, what if everyone did that? Hell, I'd have probably 30 ads and I can say with out a doubt that if everyone did that people would not be saying it's acceptable standard practice.

Also, the bump feature only works for those who have changed their settings. I don't know why, it's default on every other forum I visit. Maybe Steve could change that :)

Eurotrash,

First, I like your new bumpers! As for this annoying ordeal, I was pissed to say the least. Esty raised this question before, a month or so ago and most fellows argued that posting multiple items is not the most clever approach for selling. And some disagreed. 4-5 at a time may not be bad, but posting 20 simultaneously like a firing squad is not really polite. FAQ doesn't have the bimmer forums format so once your add is pumped it is not coming up again. Would you want everybody keep reposting the same add over and over again? We are trading parts here to help each other and keep the cars going without getting broke. This is a community gateway. Unfortunately, some fellows use this place solely for profit and business like ebay, and without thinking about other sellers/buyers needs and sensitivities. I posted my add last night and was trying to check it out this morning, couldn't see it, it was on the top of the list and went all the way to the bottom of the first page and shortly went to second page. I have counted many times the # hits of my posts after it went to second and other pages and I can tell you that first page is where the action happens. Also, FAQ search engine sucks as you know, so even if somebody is looking for a specific product it is not an easy act to find the older posts, ask me how I know!

yes, Sticky is a good option but it also applies to other sellers, why doesn't Draco02 put a sticky up? I don't make my belts for 100% profit, but I enjoy making them as a hobby and try to help fellows to have some decent safety standards. I don't use this place to make a living as an acting vendor. We have those already. I am not against to fellows making good products to keep these cars going but a little respect of others can go a long way. I see multiple posting (many many) as a rude behavior, period.

Esty was just reacting my post I believe and pissed since this aready happened before and was mentioned and discussed, which seemed to stop the firing squad for a while, but they are back again.

I don't know what the solution is.

Esty, Bluedevils.. Al,

All due respect for your hard work in producing much needed and well accepted products.

But I gotta ask, as I just don't understand what your aversion is to the obvious and simple solution to this complaint.. a sticky. You love this site for the opportunity it affords you, or you wouldn't be so passionate. You have elevated your offerings to be something that has consistent demand.

.. so what's preventing you from using a sticky?

We can't rightfully begrudge Steve K. if he makes money over and above the expense of providing this wonderful resource for interaction, learning, and propagation of our wonderful hobby.. and even providing total strangers with a method to generate a small amount of income themselves, can we?

I mean, there's apparently nothing left to loose at this point, so let it all hang out.. This topic has stunk up my favorite place on the internet for far too long, I personally have even been schmacked for this..more than once.. and now its led to straight slander our friend Le. Who, I KNOW, works just as hard, if not harder than any of us, to bring occasional batches of collected, prepped and refinished used parts for the community to feast on.

So, could you explain the logic to your aversion for all to understand?

not that you're looking for an understanding jason...i feel you're just venting

a sticky implies an ongoing, at you beckon call business...or that's how i see it, my opinion...i'm not in a business but do what i do as a hobby...if i were, i'd have a web site and/or you'd see me flooding the for sale forums with ads...if i have time to make a set of rugs that no one's ask'd for or that someone did ask for then flaked out, i advertise them here, then move along...that puts the timing of the necessary work in my court...i get more than enough emails asking for a carpet set and don't see any need to be in peoples faces...anyway....al said it better....

sticky or not doesn't change the underlying issues i brought up in this thread...spamming the forum with 57 ;) or 20 or multiple threads at the same time is disrespectful to other sellers

also, if you want my opinion...or not, there are way too many sticky threads...pretty soon, we'll have to wade thru 2 pages of sticky's just to read the top threads

Would it be so hard to group items, like the Tii suspension into "tii struts/trailing arms + calipers", or the three sets of wheels? It really is rude to post all of those ads like that. I understand some people don't like reading through an ad which has multiple parts listed, but dividing up something like the tii suspension bits into three ads is ridiculous. I've never seen a forum where it's standard practice to do that. Also for those saying it's not a problem, what if everyone did that? Hell, I'd have probably 30 ads and I can say with out a doubt that if everyone did that people would not be saying it's acceptable standard practice.

Also, the bump feature only works for those who have changed their settings. I don't know why, it's default on every other forum I visit. Maybe Steve could change that :)

Here is why....When you list a bunch of things everyone must go through it, or miss out. i have many times wished the part I was looking for wasnt listed with a box full of other stuff and not listed in the title...those ads that say..."2002 parts for sale!" are the worst. The items are difficult to find, search, etc. My fear would be that everyone starts doing this and then no one can find what they are looking for. Its easier. If he put all the wheels together, I may miss the ad. If he as 15" BBS wheels, yet it says alot of other things...I miss out..and isnt it the point to HELP people find stuff? To me this is just like replying to a question with "Use the search feature"....If its an obvious question, point that out, but also help...its what we are here for. Also I may post a question because things change in the 2002 world. Every question has been asked, but people come up with different solutions to these problems...asking brings new solutions, and ADDS those to the search results...I am done...I have said my peace about this...moving on...in fact I wont open this thread again...

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2016 BMW 535i M Sport

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Wow- Glad I drove my 2002 all day.

Esty - I think the adds could have been consolidated more.

But , I think you cold have made your point a little nicer.

Take some notes from this gal.

PS. This was meant to be Funny

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

+1 on everything jrhone said and on what eurotrash said also. Who has the right to slander someone for putting up things that some of us could use for our cars. What does it matter if he puts up 20 or 100 different posts of different products. Key word being "different". It's not like he is listing the same thing over and over again. I thought this was a forum for the passion and betterment of the BMW 2002 and such, not high school or a political campaign.

1972 '02 work in progress

Here is why....When you list a bunch of things everyone must go through it, or miss out. i have many times wished the part I was looking for wasnt listed with a box full of other stuff and not listed in the title...those ads that say..."2002 parts for sale!" are the worst. The items are difficult to find, search, etc. My fear would be that everyone starts doing this and then no one can find what they are looking for. Its easier. If he put all the wheels together, I may miss the ad. If he as 15" BBS wheels, yet it says alot of other things...I miss out..and isnt it the point to HELP people find stuff? To me this is just like replying to a question with "Use the search feature"....If its an obvious question, point that out, but also help...its what we are here for. Also I may post a question because things change in the 2002 world. Every question has been asked, but people come up with different solutions to these problems...asking brings new solutions, and ADDS those to the search results...I am done...I have said my peace about this...moving on...in fact I wont open this thread again...

Ok, maybe you missed my main point. Grouping similar items, like three sets of wheels lets each item in the title "15" Epsilons 5x120, 13" western turbines, 14" bottle caps" fits into one post. I don't see how you'd miss anything compared to 3 separate ads...

Yes, the forum is to help people. I agree on the "use the search" portion, but sometimes it really is necessary. Back to the topic at hand, 20 individual ads which could easily have been 7 or 8 without anyone missing anything is not helping anyone. [/u]

Let me say that I prefer the singular approach. I typically peruse the FS section by doing something totally strange. I use the search function.

For those unfamiliar, at the top of the page is a link called "Forum Search". You type in what you are looking for and you can choose the section of the FAQ to look in, like "Parts for Sale".....

You can search "carpet" and "esty" and get several pages of listings and comments.... While I have an esty carpet set and appreciate the product, this forum, and the for sale section do not belong to anyone and there are no specific rules for it's use, except please use it.

I happen to prefer single entrys, but when I have time I review the multi-listings as well.

Is there a posting limit that I am unaware of? If so please stop the posts regarding wheel offset!

Eurotrash sucks!

"Common sense isn't common"