1972 BMW 2002 Golf yellow.

GraysonHaugen

Hey all, as you may recall, I had a 1976 02 that had some fuel issues. It was like a tomato soup red. We'll i sold that to a guy who is taking it in under his wing and hes really taking care of the car. Idk about you guy's but i like to know my old car went to an awesome owner.

Anyway, I sold that because i didn't want an automatic, i didnt want A 1976, because the chrome and the roundies.

so! i got a new car, from an old lady whos kept it garaged for 25 years at work and at home and driven it about 1200 miles a year. It's a beautiful equation that is a beautiful outcome. Here it is, non molested, stock and all there in working order!

_MG_7396.JPG

IMG_7389.JPG

downsize_2.jpg

downsize%20%284%29.jpg

IMG_7359.JPG

Anyway's I'm looking to get black basket weave rims for it but I'm not sure what size i should get if i wanted to fill the wheel well up a little better. on the stock suspension, what size would be best? 185/60/-??

post-18635-13667633782241_thumb.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are RBs. I had put them on when I was thinking about wheels changes. They fit fine. I got some really cool Momos that I might use on mine. Good paint shop can color change the RB spokes. My wife has a set of Minilites that were painted to match the car about 7 years ago. Still look great.

• 3 weeks later...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/2088111932.html

this is my very lucky parts car i found. picking it up saterday, i have a good friend in the auto repair industry so we will work together.

As for the parts car, i plan to use what i need, and part out the rest, so stay tuned if you need 1972 parts, including nice straight bumpers, good roundies. etc.

It was so fun while it lasted. and I'm sure the fixing and scavenging will be fun too! my 2002 is now an official project..

post-18635-13667634796461_thumb.jpg

post-18635-13667634796814_thumb.jpg