What's the biggest attainable bore size for a 2002 engine bl

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

when you go more then a second over you can start running into overheating problems. this is caused by the thing of the cylinder walls. Yes you can do things to counter act this but keeping to a max of second over is a lot easier and cheaper.

Sam

Guest Anonymous

I've seen a friend of mine use an m10 with s14 pistons and crank... PFB IMHO

with this set up you can take the 'cutting ring' out of a cutting ring head gasket and it fits perfectly.

I've never used this set up but would consider it.

Bill

Guest Anonymous

This is according to the guys at Ireland Engineeering. Some guys do guild these out to 92mm. I do believe the S14 pistons are 94mm. If I'm correct, no way they will fit. Ireland recommends no more than 90mm as the block walls start getting thin. That's what we built with Venolias from Ireland.

Guest Anonymous

The reason being what happens is when the block is cast... the mold cools at different rates... and the outer walls are somewhat pourous.. thus in trying to create a 91 or 92mm bore.. you run the risk of pinholes. No fun to fix. Metric Mechanic is a big "overbore" fan so you might want to call them... Ireland said it took 5 blocks to get one block that was 92mm. Pin holes suk.

Kris