computer geeks, need some help... (bmw repair manual probs)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just got my BMW repair manual on CD. After installing, it fails to open. Error message "component 'pdf.ocx' not currently registered: file is missing or invalid".

From what I remeber, pdf.ocx has something to do with making adobe files from gifs and jpgs. After searching a little, I find that I can download it, and for only $250. lol.

Anyway, whats going on? Why would my repair manual have to have a pdf making application, and what can I do to fix this problem. Fresh re-installing doesnt work. Opening the manual from the cd or from where it was loaded on my comp doesnt work. Any ideas?

Guest Anonymous

First of all, the reason I had to post it as a hyper link was so I can right click and save as, then install it from my comp. For some reason windoze wont reconize things like pdfs and exes if I enter it in my adress bar, but that doesnt really matter because I know how to do that.

But, it still wont work. I installed it in the same directory as my manual is in, and also tried to instal it in it's own directory. Each seemed to be succesful, but when I open the bmw manual I still get the same error message.

Where should I be installing this?

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.marsmann.com/2002tii/

nothing special needs to be done.

just run the pdf-ocx-setup.exe file and let the installer install it on your system. By default it will place the necessary files in the Windows system directory.

It may require a reboot to register the ocx in the system's registry.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.marsmann.com/2002/PDFReaderOCX4321.exe

I thought downloading and installing Acrobat Reader 5x would supply this. I'm not sure, I haven't worked with it in years. I think that's what Keith is getting at. If you don't have adobe installed get that from Adobe's website. if that still doesn't work use my ocx reader control on my link for now to get you going.

my link is the OTHER file to download. The one I sent you isn't the full ocx suite. Sorry, I grabbed the first one I saw from my system. It does require licensing (technically) but you can use it.

email me offline as I can help you out with this. Use the one on my link for now..