14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Rear Bumper Question

Senna27

The center section of my rear bumper is fading on top and starting to rust on the bottom. The corners are like new. I believe it's a '73 bumper. I'm looking to either replace (just the center) with either a good used one, re-chrome it or buy new which ever is most cost effective. In searching for a good used one, I'd like to know if the center sections is the same for bumpers with either short or long corners?

If anyone has a good used center section or knows someone who does, please let me know.

Thanks...

post-668-13667633692298_thumb.jpg

post-668-13667633694033_thumb.jpg

post-668-13667633695866_thumb.jpg

brandon does a nice job. You need a 71-73 center section because of the rubber strip and the subsequent holes for fasteners

Thanks for the info. The only problem is that I live in Toronto and shipping across the border, to/from Texas may be expensive. Shipping stuff in the US is pretty reasonable, from Canada, not so much. I'll look into it though.

brandon does a nice job. You need a 71-73 center section because of the rubber strip and the subsequent holes for fasteners

Thanks for the info. The only problem is that I live in Toronto and shipping across the border, to/from Texas may be expensive. Shipping stuff in the US is pretty reasonable, from Canada, not so much. I'll look into it though.

A new center section is 350. Most large stuff gets expensive but a center section wrapped well wont be bad. just pad it well

A new center section is 350. Most large stuff gets expensive but a center section wrapped well wont be bad. just pad it well

In the US, but a new center section is $540 inc. tax from BMW Canada.

In the US, but a new center section is $540 inc. tax from BMW Canada.

well weigh your costs and options. If it makes sense Ill send you one