tire suggestions revisited....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

my76.gif

URL: http://www.marsmann.com/2002tii/

hi all.

I know this comes up once in a while but I didn't get any definitive answers in the archives.

for those of you who have 15" wheels - what tire(s) do you recommend?

I want a simple touring tire. I'm not tracking the car, really. Want a good all around, all season, good looking tread around 195/50/15.

Bridgestones?

Yokos?

Prefer responses based on actual ownership/experiences

Guest Anonymous

Just curious, but do you really need all season tires? I needed a cheap set of tires and just purchased a set of Sumitomo HTR 200s in 195/50/15 for my daily driven Sentra SE-R last month. I have HTR 100s (basically the older version) in 185/60/14 on my 2002. The Sumitomos are a mild performance tire with good manners on the street. Not too loud, nice turn in, better grip than all seasons, much better wet traction. You should have no trouble getting 30k miles out of a set--and I would suspect you'd get more. And they're so inexpensive any slightly lessened tire life you experience vs. all seasons is quickly offset by the price. All in all these are a great compromise tire. They sacrifice some of the grip and response of ultra high performance tires, but have better manners on the street and longer life. They sacrifice a little of the life of all seasons and are pretty much unusable in the snow, but they perform SO much better -- dry and wet. In 10 years of driving and through the 10 or so cars I've owned, I have never purchased a set of all season tires. They are the quickest way to turn a fun-to-drive car dull and I truly believe choosing the right tire is the most important modification you can make to any car. That said, I do live in Southeastern Virginia where we only get one or two major snowfalls a year.

Guest Anonymous

sidecity1.jpg

they have awesome traction both dry and wet, and its actually really hard to lose traction in both situations. They are also really quiet tires and handle awesome.

Guest Anonymous

I've just ordered at set of Yokohama AVS ES100's in

195/50-15 (for my two-piece Alpina 7x15 rims). I've

used Yoko on my Porsches and my wife's e12 for a long

time, expect this to be an excellent wet/dry tire.

Big issue in Oregon...

Stan