WOT: I'm driving a big, burly truck today...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My wife's Golf went in to the dealer last night for a replacement CV boot (boot shrunk, clamp popped off, grease flew all around underbody...I happened to be underneath for a routine look-see and caught it early...temp-fixed with a hose clamp)...since the dealer had screwed up twice in getting the right boot, they offered a rental this time. I told them we were moving, could they get us a truck instead of a car (same price for them at Enterprise)? Yes they could...apparently it helps to buy two Golfs from the same dealer. ;-)

So today I'm tooling about town in a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4. It's freakin' huge compared to my normal Golf and 02...but I'm lovin' it! Made a trip to the dump this morning before work with old carpeting from the new house, and I arranged to keep the Ram all weekend to move stuff hither and yon!

It's fun for now, but seriously, I don't know how people drive these beasts every day, all the time. I mean, besides the bulk, I can watch the gas gauge drop every time I lean on that big ol' V8.

Man...I gotta get a truck...just an old beater Dodge.

Tim

'76 2002

'03 Golf

BIG HONKIN '03 RAM (just for the weekend...anybody got a gun rack I can borrow for a few days?)

Guest Anonymous

bigboyimage.gif

I got a new work truck about 2 months ago. (I do fence work) 2003 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab, Long Bed with the 8.1 liter (496 ci) big block. 340 HP, 455 ft/lb torque. I'm averaging 10 mpg. Parking is a bitch, as it is 2 feet longer than a suburban. It will pull the hell out of a trailer though. :)

steve P

Guest Anonymous

P1010054.JPG

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/store/index.html

extended cab, long bed, jacked to the sky, mudders, bed cap. drove it today on a run to a tranny shop... drive it a few times a week actually. anyways, yah its kinda cool listening to the Freightliner-like engine spool up and launch the big thing forward... i like to crush Civics with it in traffic... ;p

-Rob