Atlantik Blue

ROBONE20

Just picked up a '73 roundie last month. I'm getting estimates on paint and bodywork, and I've been contemplating on the color. Would like opinions on whether I should paint original Atlantik or other '02 color. I really like Inka, Malaga, and Polaris, but I'm not quite sold on Atlantik. The car I bought has a terrible paint job on it (Green and Black) but I was told the original color was Atlantik. Can anyone post some photos of their Atlantik '02? Thanks!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I do paint it, I plan on doing the engine bay, trunk, etc etc. I guess those colors I mentioned above make me smile. I'm leaning towards the Atlantik color because it was the original color, but I wanted to see some examples first. Not sure if it makes me smile more than an Inka colored one. I've read some of the threads on here, but I can't seem to find some photos of Atlantik '02's. Thanks for your response.

wow! i have a 72 Malaga i am having painted the original color and wish it was an Atlantik. I like the blues much better than the red 2002s.

But my point is, i am not changing the color. Keep it original unless it has a salvaged title or something. Then do whatever you want with it.

We can look for one another on the 405 or 5 and yearn for what the other guy has! ha ha...

Sislane - wow that color almost looks black, I'm diggin' it. The chrome does contrast nicely on this color. Love the wheels. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Frenchee - thanks for the vote.

Esty - I haven't seen red interior on any '02's, but that does seem cool. I was thinking either tan or classic black interior. I'm glad you chimed in because I always hear great things about your carpet kits. I'll be needing a kit from you soon.

Shad - OOoooohh, totally diggin' it. I like the bottlecaps on it. Did you put a front spoiler on this car? Atlantik is starting to appeal to me. Thanks for sharing..

Originally I had the air dam painted at the same time as the car, looked much better color matched to the car. A fatal run in with a large racoon destroyed it. (fatal for the racoon and air dam). The air dam in the picture is the unpainted IE dam that replaced it. Thanks for the compliment, I miss seeing her in street attire sometimes. Guess I need to get another one for around town driving.

-s