• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW CCA Membership Directory Postcard

73tiiDavidPA

Anyone else receive their postcard? Not sure if I want to give my name etc. and then have to buy a copy. $32 or $89 or $109 for Regional, National, or Deluxe sounds sort of pricey to be listed with a bunch of silly (in my opinion) X6 owners. But this is from a guy who thinks BMW stopped making good cars (read cars I'd want to own long term) in 1991.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)

I got one yesterday but did not really look at it. I thought it was a continuation of the "Friends of BMW" from the old days. If you participated it was free , and was a great item to carry along in your car on those long road trips. I stll carry the last iteration in my 02.

Earl

BMWCCA #18736

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

I got one the other day, called the Toll Free number and they verified my info. They asked me for my Credit Card number and I refused and told them to bill me.

I called Corporate from the number on bmwcca.org (bottom of the home page under contact us). They verified that it was OK and that they were supporting it and that it was legitimate.

If this helps anyone make their decision, glad to do it. I personally cant wait to see it.

1976 2002 (Grey Ghost)

2002 X5 3.0i Newly Added

2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5i

1976 Malaga 2002 (totaled by city bus)

1985 535i (totaled. Hit from behind)

1981 320i (trade-in. AC issues)

LIFE IS SHORT, TIME TO DRIVE.

I got one the other day, called the Toll Free number and they verified my info. They asked me for my Credit Card number and I refused and told them to bill me.

I called Corporate from the number on bmwcca.org (bottom of the home page under contact us). They verified that it was OK and that they were supporting it and that it was legitimate.

If this helps anyone make their decision, glad to do it. I personally cant wait to see it.

1976 2002 (Grey Ghost)

2002 X5 3.0i Newly Added

2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5i

To be billed for the Book or a CD ROM of the Members listing to be compiled with stories and photos.

1976 2002 (Grey Ghost)

2002 X5 3.0i Newly Added

2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5i

I got this email a while ago:

Open Letter to all BMW CCA Members,

Recently you have been approached by Harris Connect. BMW CCA has partnered with Harris Connect, a well-known and respected publisher of Alumni and Association publications. Our partnership will produce a beautiful hard cover publication, which will include a pictorial history of the club along with member-submitted photos and narratives. Unfortunately, I did not communicate adequately to you, our members, the scope and particulars of this project before you received a postcard mailing this week. I am sorry that you were caught unaware.

I hope you will allow me to explain how this project began and where we want to take it, but before I do so allow me to clarify the following:

1. Unless you OPT IN to this publication your information will not be printed. We would however appreciate your assistance in providing updated information to the BMW CCA. You may do so by calling Harris at 1-877-590-6947 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-877-590-6947      end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

2. If you do not wish to receive further contact about this project please reply to this e-mail. Alternatively, you may call Harris Connect at 1-877-590-6947.

3. The album will feature photos and narratives submitted by our members. Personal contact information will not be included in the publication. The only personal information to be included will be your name, city/state and listing of your BMW’s.

4. Click to review Harris Connect’s privacy policy.

5. If you are asked by a Harris Connect representative to verify your information it is so they can assist the club in keeping our records up to date and so they may deliver the book to you, if you are purchasing one.

6. I have been asked why we could not have accomplished this same thing in Roundel. The short answer is that we have far too many members to ever allow us to accomplish a project of this nature in the magazine. To publish the photos and memories of even 90% of the members, even if we could accomplish that task, would mean unfairly leaving out those 10% that might want in. Finally, we know there are members who just don’t want to see another personal photograph in Roundel, and their sensibilities must be taken into account as well.

Why are you being asked to participate in this project?

As the Club approached its 40th Anniversary in 2009 we thought it would be an interesting and fun project to obtain photos and memories from some of our earliest members. What developed was a well received pictorial history of the Club’s defining years. If you are not familiar with that project you can get a taste for it by following this link:

http://bmwcca.org/index.php?pageid=about

I believe firmly that as a club we cannot advance into the future without knowing who we were. Unfortunately, resources are limited and I could not find an economical way of expanding that project other than online. An online publication remains an option and will be a very good one in the future. As we stand today not all members are online, and if you are as old as I am you will agree that there remains something special about the touch and texture of the printed page that cannot be duplicated online. Just as importantly we do not have the staff resources to produce such a publication on our own.

When Harris Connect contacted me earlier this year and showed me copies of similar publications they had done for the Model-T Club, the Military Vehicle Preservation Association, and US Air Force, I knew I had found the best option to expand on our earlier efforts. Harris is an experienced publisher of alumni and association publications and they were willing to absorb all upfront costs of the project. In these tight economic times it means a lot to be able to offer a vehicle such as this to our members who want it, while not passing along the cost to those who do not.

I hope you will seriously consider participating in this project and will give thought to purchasing a copy of this keepsake edition for your home library. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in making this publication a success!

Yours,

Frank C. Patek, II

Executive Director

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Neither for or against.....but you must realize that this is a $$$ making venture. I've received similar from a number of organizations that I was either a member or, or was associated with in the past.

The vendor does this and kicks back a portion of the income to the host organization -- in this case, BMWCCA. Typically, these firms are pretty good at what they do. Frankly, they don't care where you live, or what you do, they just want to sell you a book! And....probably no one at the organization even knows what a 02 really is.

BMWCCA #545

1972 BMW 2002 Colorado "Traumcycle"

2000 BMW 323Ci