14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

How many MM are the butterflys on a 38/38

nbristow01

so 38mm each so 76m total? If that is the case and say dual 40's would then be 160mm total? So then why would my max size of a Tbody be 67mm? I believe what you said I am trying to understand what i really need for tbody size. I am trying to get max performance when I set up my EFI and want my power band to be say 2500rpm to 4500 rpm

Guest Anonymous

Its a lot more complicated than that. 2 38 mm holes are nowhere near as large as 1 76 mm hole. as for the dcoe situation, each cylinder only pulls through one 40 mm barrel. a common throttle body or carb is available to each cylinder (only one sucks at a time)

Guest Anonymous

Fuel injection is WAY less sensitive to throttle body size than a carb setup. a carb needs good vacuum (small size) to pull fuel into the airstream properly over a wide rpm range . fuel injection doesnt care much as fuel is being injected no matter what vacuum. Ideally, you want the smallest TB that does not restrict high rpm horsepower.

I can't thank you enough. That totally cleared it up for me. I just like to actually understand what i am doing vs just doing it because thats how others do it. The 325tbody adapter from Tom is what I will order and track down a good 325Tbody. next is injector sizing. Tom told me 21's are good for what i need.