14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Speedometer Repair

lesreynolds

If Ray's VA link doesn't work for you.

Try

www.speedometer.com

in Austin, TX. That's only half way across Country.

Owner Rick Borth repaired mine a few years back and I'm happy with the work. Cost was less the NHS at the time. He worked out of his house then but has now moved into bigger premises.

HTH

Can anyone recommend a speedometer repair shop for my VDO speedometer out of a 1971 1602? I found an ad in the Roundel for North Hollywood Speedometer but would prefer not to send it across the country from Virginia.

Marshall Lytle said that he had a good experience with sending his to North Hollywood Speedometers.

What's wrong with the gauge?

If Ray's VA link doesn't work for you.

Try

www.speedometer.com

in Austin, TX. That's only half way across Country.

Owner Rick Borth repaired mine a few years back and I'm happy with the work. Cost was less the NHS at the time. He worked out of his house then but has now moved into bigger premises.

HTH

+1

Rick's done several for us.

I sent mine to NH Speedo back in the spring. I highly reccomend them. I am in VA also. Not only did they fix my speedo, replace the bulbs and clean the glass, they also recalibrated it for the non stock wheels. I checked it with a GPS at 65mph and it is dead on.

I sent mine to NH Speedo back in the spring. I highly reccomend them. I am in VA also. Not only did they fix my speedo, replace the bulbs and clean the glass, they also recalibrated it for the non stock wheels. I checked it with a GPS at 65mph and it is dead on.

+1

highly recommended by another VA 02'er. shipping to CA is just not that big a deal......

Sure...i am in. Flavio just put in the led tail lights today. They are a giant improvement. The only thing i didn't like was that they were so bright that when you stepped on the brake the difference was not that great from the running lights. We cut the wire to the break lights so only the running lights are on until you step on the brake. I think it is much better than how they sent it out.

It's been on my list for years, but no. Shall we put a group buy together?

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

You might check with this guy...

http://www.odometergears.com/

But I'd suggest sending your cluster to nh speedo...

http://www.nhspeedometer.com/

911dark1.jpg

Cheers,

Ray

Ray...did you do an instrument cluster led upgrade?

Interesting idea for the running lights mod.

Not sure how interested NH Speedo would be in a group retrofit. Someone would need to drum up interest -- and in this day of aging '02 owners that may not be too hard!

Cheers,

Ray

Sure...i am in. Flavio just put in the led tail lights today. They are a giant improvement. The only thing i didn't like was that they were so bright that when you stepped on the brake the difference was not that great from the running lights. We cut the wire to the break lights so only the running lights are on until you step on the brake. I think it is much better than how they sent it out.
It's been on my list for years, but no. Shall we put a group buy together?

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

You might check with this guy...

http://www.odometergears.com/

But I'd suggest sending your cluster to nh speedo...

http://www.nhspeedometer.com/

911dark1.jpg

Cheers,

Ray

Ray...did you do an instrument cluster led upgrade?