Help ....Exhaust Downpipe / Exhaust Tranny Hanger Bracket

mkim

Hoping someone would have either a diagram,link, description or photo clearly showing the correct way the transmission exhaust hanger bracket and downpipe support hangers/bushings all go together.

I have the bushings and brackets but am not sure how the brackets interact.

Does the downpipe bracket go to the back of the tranny bracket, over the middle or in front? then does the bushing go in between and then big washers

on both sides? A correct photo would be great!

Of course when I bought the car there was a piece of tire in there as a bushing...whats new!

Thanks,

m

THE above car needs larger washers to spread the load -

those are about to fall through the holes and are cutting into

the bracket - not very sturdy or reliable -

atleast the brackets are in place.

Far far better than no support bracket

CD - are you referring to my car??? Are you talking about the tranny bracket or the exhaust bracket?

I'll try to do better next time - nobody's perfect. There are some washers under the (2) bolts holding the tranny bracket to the tunnel.

The little washers on the exhaust bracket are the ones that came on the car when I got it. No gauging or pulling thru - the metal slots are smooth. In fact, the horizontal bracket just touches the pipe, so there's not much stress unless something happens like an accident or an engine mount breaks.

• 1 year later...

Well, many constructions require pipe supports and hangers to use it and these are even available online as well. So friend, if you are one of those looking for such support to purchase such lines of stuffs to support your pipe systems then you can log on to roofstuffinc.com for buy these online.

The part number for the larger diameter washers is 07 11 9 936 425. I order these 200 at a time from the local BMW dealership, for the shop where I work...they're used everywhere on German cars yet our local "fastener guy" can't seem to deliver them from his generic wholesale vendors. Back in the 90s these were yellow cad plated...now they're silver/gray.

I thin they're about 8 cents each.

The part number for the larger diameter washers is 07 11 9 936 425. I order these 200 at a time from the local BMW dealership, for the shop where I work...they're used everywhere on German cars yet our local "fastener guy" can't seem to deliver them from his generic wholesale vendors. Back in the 90s these were yellow cad plated...now they're silver/gray.

I think they're about 8 cents each.