14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Man annoys neighbors with his 48 cars . . .

f1reverb

Full story w/ more pics . . .

http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_16484631

"LOS ANGELES COUNTY - Drive around the unincorporated area west of Covina, and you might notice them: a dented and discolored black Plymouth parked near a divider island on Lark Ellen Avenue; a black Dodge Dart with a busted side window on Cypress Street, glass shards still fanned out on the asphalt; a line of three oldies veiled by car covers sitting along Aspan Avenue.

The cars look like abandoned junkers, but neighbors say they all belong to one man, Mark Shoff, who keeps the vehicles spread throughout the area.

"He treats it like his own personal parking lot," said resident Janet Bubbert, who filed a complaint with the county last year.

DMV records confirm Shoff, 51, as the registered owner of 48 cars, although neighbors say he probably has more. There is no limit on the number of cars an individual can own, a DMV spokesman said. " . . .

20101031_074223_SV01-CARS4.jpg

thank gawd for folks like this, who set the bar so high...

now i am comforted in knowing that there are more compulsive people than me. my nine, beaten, rusty 02's are nothing compared to 48...

i have a neighbor with three cars that haven't moved in 20 years, just parked, claiming the community space as his own.

So if a guy's ambitious enough to keep air in the tires and keep the cars mobile, he can start a "rolling salvage yard" right there in the city streets? No EPA regs and property contamination issues to deal with. The city sweeps the street for you, and the neighbor keep track of your inventory. Hmmm, this could work.