14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Burt Reynolds, the man, the moustache, the cars :)

8bit

Always a bigger fan of the Gator series of outlaw backroad hot rod American muscle machines.

Nothing like a FORD LTD with a 428 dual quad and a trunk full of white lightning.

+1 Burt played Gator McCluskey very well. That Black 4-door with PO-LICE interceptor engine was fast.

Note the front aftermarket chrome wheels in the front 3/4 view of the T/A - instead of the "snowflakes". The Black '78 T/A has alway been my favorite since Smokey and the Bandit - but you can keep the Coors beer.

Sally Field still looks terrific. Hal Needham did a great job teaming up with Burt for those movies.

• 2 months later...
Sally was HOT in that movie. Why he let her go, I cannot figure out.

They were quite an item for a time and did 3 movies together. From what I recall Burt wasn't happy that her films were getting critical acclaim, and his weren't really. Sally getting the award for Norma Rae was the straw that broke the camel's back, and they split up after that. Then a certain Lonnie Anderson entered the picture, and I think we all know where that went. :)

Why this film never got an Academy Award I will never know. :)

CannonballRunIIa.jpg

CannonballRunIIb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Wasn't Burt in the running for his character in Boogie Nights?

John

He was nominated for best supporting actor for Boogie Nights, but didn't win and was pretty disappointed by the loss.

I can remember the Venus Flytrap and Dr. Jonny Fever characters from WKRP in Cincinatti, but for some reason can remember Lonnie Anderson in that show very little, odd. You would think you would remember a tall blonde with a great rack better, apparently not, lol.

FirebirdBanditonTransAm.jpg

Poor Burt, where art thou Bandit? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...