• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, the Schwarz 2002 is gone...

HarryPR

Sold the 2002 to a local guy on Tuesday. It was hard to see it leave, but other priorities and commitments forced its sale.

It went to a well-heeled enthusiast who has great plans for it, including maybe an S14 conversion. He promised to let me use it for a day once it's done.

I owned the little car for 19 years, bringing it from a rusty car that barely moved under its own power to a decent looking, quick little beast.

So, for the first time in 30+ years, there are no 2002's sleeping in my carport. I still theoretically own one (the stalled monumental touring project), but that one sits in a storage cubicle somewhere in the metro Atlanta area. I also still own the Baur 320/6 and the 1983 320i (and I am not parting either out as '02 parts donors). I'll still visit here every day and once in a while will still ask a dumb question or two just to stay up to date.

Cheers,

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Harry, your Schwarz car is indeed an icon in the 2002 community. You did a great job with it and the new owner should be very happy! Although it is gone from your possession, I'm glad you'll still be here on board!

76 BMW 2002 m20

05 Ford Focus ZX-3 SE

Harry,

You and your Schwartz are so connected. Seeing your picture after each post has made a permanent connection between man and machine in the minds of many of us. It's like me and Herb. I also brought him back for the verge of being crushed over 15 years ago. I am sorry you had to let yours go.

But I have a feeling you will get another.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Thanks to all for your kind words!

Back when I did the full resto in '92, I always said to my wife that it would be my "last one", which I would never sell. Guess I fooled her!

After 30+ years one can't just walk away, so as soon as conditions allow I'll be looking for another one.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

......well if your driving through down-town

Darien Connecticut - there is my former cars brother parked for sale

at the center gas station. Same Anthrazite Gray, shortened front bumper,

round fog lights, purty BBS wheels......... don't know the phone # or $$ ? ? ? My 1984 300D-T is getting all my love at the moment.

Harry, you'll feel fine in a few days.

Sounds like you have too many To-Do items on your

list anyway. Welcome to down-sizing

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Hi,

harry you mentioned a touring project.

i have a friend who is just getting back

into 02's after a long time and he is looking

for a touring. is there a chance that the car