14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Well, the Schwarz 2002 is gone...

HarryPR

Sold the 2002 to a local guy on Tuesday. It was hard to see it leave, but other priorities and commitments forced its sale.

It went to a well-heeled enthusiast who has great plans for it, including maybe an S14 conversion. He promised to let me use it for a day once it's done.

I owned the little car for 19 years, bringing it from a rusty car that barely moved under its own power to a decent looking, quick little beast.

So, for the first time in 30+ years, there are no 2002's sleeping in my carport. I still theoretically own one (the stalled monumental touring project), but that one sits in a storage cubicle somewhere in the metro Atlanta area. I also still own the Baur 320/6 and the 1983 320i (and I am not parting either out as '02 parts donors). I'll still visit here every day and once in a while will still ask a dumb question or two just to stay up to date.

Cheers,

we sometimes must do hard things...but jezus fugging christ harry...i don't believe you sold your o2....after that many years it's a family member

man-o-man...i have nightmares about the thought of selling my 76....

well...there's another star somewhere waiting for you to make it shine

Harry,

You and your Schwartz are so connected. Seeing your picture after each post has made a permanent connection between man and machine in the minds of many of us. It's like me and Herb. I also brought him back for the verge of being crushed over 15 years ago. I am sorry you had to let yours go.

But I have a feeling you will get another.

......well if your driving through down-town

Darien Connecticut - there is my former cars brother parked for sale

at the center gas station. Same Anthrazite Gray, shortened front bumper,

round fog lights, purty BBS wheels......... don't know the phone # or $$ ? ? ? My 1984 300D-T is getting all my love at the moment.

Harry, you'll feel fine in a few days.

Sounds like you have too many To-Do items on your

list anyway. Welcome to down-sizing