• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

this car will lead to me losing my license...

jrkoupe

I used to drive fast on the street, take corners drifting, seeking out off ramps just to drive them over and over............but that was 30 yrs ago....Im not bragging here. I was stupid to behave in such a manner...and I was a foolish immature driver that dreamed of racing one day...

...and of course I was driving an 02!

Well here I am again.......having calmed down for yrs, and only driving fast in an e30 track toy at the track...a clean license to boot..., here I am again in an 02, a relatively slow car that I cannot drive slow, it begs to be pushed!.......Im finding back roads again...2 and 3 rd gear...., listening to the glass pack rip and snort, listening to the webers that just suck in the atmosphere..... just driving like a teenager..sliding...driftng...

this car........this car will get me locked up..

Your statements remind me of times spent in my '71 back in '72. I'd been home for about 6 months, and was driving a 4-door buick, longing for the day they would deliver my 02. It was picked up in New Orleans and the trip home to Arkansas was a renewed friendship. I was stopped twice, by some nice police officers who felt sorry for a young man just back from "serving his country". The "youth" in me has not disappeared...I still love driving the 02. I love the saying, "drive it like you stole it!".

post-3032-13667632788047_thumb.jpg

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

When I bought my 1997 E36 Dinan modified M3, I stopped speeding. When I bought Vern the 1973 Tii, I started speeding again, or at least it feels like it.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Apologize in advance for the Hi-Jack...

@ MikeWooldridge in Hot Springs, Arkansas,

I spent some time in your neck of the woods summer of '97 - built and opened the Holiday Inn Express in Cado Valley (I-30, exit #78), Pop. 367.

Clark County was a Dry County, so we'd all head over to Hot Springs via Hwy 7 (aka Bill Clintion Hwy ;) ) to do our drinkin' (the VFW in CV got old fast). The return trip was really challenging taking those curves under the influence. We were in good w/ the Clark Cty. Sheriff (had his bro. on staff) so they'd look out for us. I even found my Lotus Turbo Esprit in Cado Valley at an estate sale - go figure.

Best BBQ I ever had in my life was at a little roadside called the Pig Pit right in Cado Valley on Hwy. 7! Even FedEx'd several pounds up here to Mpls. for 2 separate Super Bowls - do you know it?

Now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast...

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

Wow, yes. I grew up in Arkadelphia and have relatives living at Caddo Valley. One of my friends (Judy Duce) even owned the hotel across the highway from you.

The Pig Pit recently was sold. It's still good...just not as it was.

You probably drove the old highway with "dead man curve". They've taken some of the fun out of the drive and straightened many of the twisties.

Talk more later via e-mail. Gotta run.

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Thats exactly how I feel about my m20 turbo

Me too about my M10 turbo and it sticks out like a sore thumb to boot with its orange/black paint job! Fingers crossed, I have yet to be pulled over in 7 years of driving, even with many stupid acts I do not wish to discuss or repeat. I've thought about not registering it so I can't legally drive it on the streets, but I know that wouldn't stop me...

I can't wait to see the look on my dad's face after I get it running and take him for a spin! Good thing I'm a legal adult and they can't take the car away from me!

Knock on wood, the only ticket I've received in the past 20 years was in my Nissan pickup truck (!) on US 35 in eastern OH...it's a notorious speed trap--speed limit changes without warning or logic...cop that stopped me nearly caused an accident cutting across two lanes of traffic, crossing the grass median strip (and nearly losing it in the ditch at the bottom) and then pulling out into oncoming traffic....but I digress.

If you want to go fast on twisty back roads and around corners fast, join us next year for the Great Kentucky Ridge Run. We drove around the countryside all day, great paved roads, minimum traffic, and didn't explore 1% of 'em in the area. Set up by Eurotrash & Sahara 75. Plenty of room for ya next year!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

This is why you should run narrow tires.

Then you get all the fun without all the tickets.

That said, the number of times I've seen the lights come on

behind me, only to have 'the other guy' actually get

pulled over is amazing- cops just don't see the little box

as going that fast.

Even at 90.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

This is why you should run narrow tires.

Then you get all the fun without all the tickets.

That said, the number of times I've seen the lights come on

behind me, only to have 'the other guy' actually get

pulled over is amazing- cops just don't see the little box

as going that fast.

Even at 90.

t

another good point..........never thought of it.

We are running Dunlop vintage 525m 13's...meaty for sure and w/ an 8 inch rim......even when bought used they are very hard to break loose......but they look so good.

IMG_0879.jpg

Thats exactly how I feel about my m20 turbo

Me too about my M10 turbo and it sticks out like a sore thumb to boot with its orange/black paint job! Fingers crossed, I have yet to be pulled over in 7 years of driving, even with many stupid acts I do not wish to discuss or repeat. I've thought about not registering it so I can't legally drive it on the streets, but I know that wouldn't stop me...

I can't wait to see the look on my dad's face after I get it running and take him for a spin! Good thing I'm a legal adult and they can't take the car away from me!

HAHAHA!! Same here.

The m20 turbo will scare him to death haha.

A blow off valve gets a bunch of attention... and a mismatched or flat black paint job too haha.

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD