mlytle

S14 oil pan for 2002 from Massive

103 posts / 13558 viewsLast Reply

Thanks Lee

Very Happy on the how the pan came out!!! can not wait to do the swap.

Jb

Can't wait to see them being ran.

In regard of Michael's find about the dipstick hole not being aligned, I am still a bit puzzled. I use the exact same baffle design in the separate baffle kit. I looked at my disptick and it seems the end is slightly curved. Maybe the curve was not helping. What would I do? I guess I would simply flip the dipstick until the right position is found.

BTW Guys. Hold on to your pans. These are the only sixteen M2 pans to ever be produced. ;-)

on the dipstick hole issue. yes, the end of the dipstick could be bent to accomodate the location of the hole......IF....the dipstick tube is being used in the stock orientation. in my case with the CF airbox, i had to twist the tube 90deg forward so it aims forward. can't bent the dipstick that way since it is flat. moving the hole in the top pan baffle 1 inch to passenger side would allow the dipstick to work regardless of tube orientation and without any bending needed..

i can confirm the pan looks good on an engine, holds 6qts of oil, and works on an idling s14 so far!

are there any more teflon gaskets available? having a spare instead just having the one would be nice.

Marshall

are there any more teflon gaskets available? having a spare instead just having the one would be nice.

I have one or two spares. I don't want to sell them now. If somebody has an accident, it will be my pleasure to give it for free.

For those of you who haven't fitted their gasket yet, I'd recommend perhaps a bit of goo on each side for a better seal. Like an aviation seal. There should be enough compliance in this teflon seal though.

I had the upper pan modified and I cleaned both sections. I still have to make the new hole for the dipstick (mine is turned 90 degrees as well). Looks very fancy though sitting on my workbench :) Just need some free time to make the switch.

Yours looks nice and thanks for posting all the great pictures...made the modification much easier.

--Rick

post up some pics of how your upper pan came out. make sure you use sealant on both sides of the gasket. after 800miles, i have developed small oil leak at the upper/lower face right under the seam where the upper was welded. i snugged up the oil pan bolts a touch more than stock. will see if that seals it.