14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

another wrong piston combo...

PatAllen

I never thought about that one, but it seems to be the least of the bad ones...

low bathtub and late e21 2.0 head...with some basic rule of thumb, this gives about 8.5:1...

That one was mated to a Tii set-up. It might not performing up to the expectations of the hopeless hack mechanic...maybe the guy told himslef "this is such a cool set-up, i will have 13:1 cr, this will make the car fly like a turbo alpina slide throtle 32v schnitzer 02"...

Disclaimer: i am not posting this to insult anyone. If this makes you feel angry, its your problem.

post-119-13667632702634_thumb.jpg

post-119-13667632704682_thumb.jpg

post-119-13667632706677_thumb.jpg

similar to the e12/bathtub combo I discovered in a 73 Tii. Any guess as to the compression from that combo?

if it was low bathtub i would say 8.5-8.8.

whats weird with that one is the block is a genuine 73' Tii block, and with 88,97 121 type pistons so it hasnt been bored out, the pistons are realy mismatched with the set-up from a last resort rebuild...and head too replaced at that time. The head is a 78 casting date, and the rockers are stamped 84'...so the head too has been rebuilded.

weeeeeird. The proof is...anything can work. If it work good then its another story.