• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ITS HERE! SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2010 LAST REGISTRATION DAY

leonine99

ITS HERE! SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2010 LAST REGISTRATION DAY!!

Looks like the weather finally cleared! Hooray!

Well that time has come again, the 2010 Socal Vintage BMW Meet is just hours away! Today is the last day you can register, and please do so if you plan on coming as you will be checked in and parked faster, since we'll have two entry lanes, one for registered and one for day of show. Plus you'll see your fabulous goody bag swag faster!

We've had a huge surge in registrations this past week (thank you Bring a Trailer!)and we are excited about what you will experience this weekend - some amazing cars will be out there, some very cool surprises - you'll just have to show up to see! I'm so excited I can't sleep anymore....

The Bring a Trailer folks will be out looking for any interesting cars for sale that they see and will feature on their website. Very exciting! If we see any vintage BMWs parked out in the lot, and have skipped registration - your car may get TP'd!! Just kidding.....sort of.

A few things to know about Saturday. Come early and relax in the lot, and we'll get everyone staged in, starting as close to 8-8:30AM as possible. We have to get our sponsors and their cars and setups in and up as early as we can, and we hope to have them situated before we start staging participant cars. Please be patient with us as we get everyone in and set,get the sound systemm up, banners, and so on.

Do bear in mind that part of the regulations we have to deal with this year is that the restroom building will be closed and we'll have portable potties on site, but they are not scheduled to be there until 8. So plan accordingly! There is a Starbucks at Sherman Way and Sepulveda, a couple of minutes away, just in case....you need more coffee.

We will be parking in the northern part of Woodley this year, the section where we have been the past two years is unfit for our purposes - but you enter at the same gate as always. Please Please try not to be lined up on Woodley Ave - we will try to get everyone in, but if for some reason the line backs up, please don't wait on the street. Pull into the lot and creep in that way. City Parks hates cars backed up and we have to try to prevent it. While on the grounds, be very mindful of where you are driving - pay particular notice of any orange colored squares, which are sprinkler valve covers. There are not a lot of them but they are out there. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM. If you accidently drive (or even walk) over one you may come though the cover, break the valve and 200 lbs of water pressure will start coming up through your car - not good!! Please avoid these!

I've talked with John from Barbis Q and he is expecting to be ready to serve food by 11:30, but he may be ready earlier. We sugggest having some snacks and drinks to hold you until then. He will have enough food and staff to handle our crowd, so there's no need to rush the truck when the dinner bell rings. We've tried very hard to make sure the wait times are down and you can eat as much as you like. We expect the food situation to be a very happy memory this year.

We will have Driver's Choice Awards ballots for everyone, and we strongly encourage you to stroll around the grounds and vote for the cars in each category that you feel is the best in that class - its the Driver's Choice, and the actual awards are beautiful this year! We really want to get the ballots in by 11:30, so please get out and about, check the cars and get the ballots in. Meguiars has been very generous again this year and we will have special giveaway bags that have Tech Wax, Quik Detailer, Utimate Quik Detailer and a large microfiber towel - probably $50 or more worth of goodies in each bag. To encourage getting those ballots in, we will announce bag giveaways at 10:30, 11, and 11:30, so whoever has ballots in before each of those times will have their names potentially drawn - so the earlier you get your ballot in, the better a shot you have. We will not take late ballots this year, counting votes takes time and we want to get the awards given out as soon as possible.

We will have a bunch of extra Meguiars Quik Detailer on hand for anyone who wants to do a quick shine on their car, just spray on, wipe off and the car will look really good. We don't have towels though, so bring your own!

Ok, I think thats enough of the rules and regulations. We want everyone to have a really fun time. This is the day we strive to make happen, having the SoCal (and other parts of Cal and country)Vintage BMW Community together in a great spot and see old friends, make new ones and swap stories and make plans.

Thank you all for your continued support and being such an important part of all this. We could never pull it off without you.

John & Jeff

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513

Jeff,

I pass by the park almost everyday. Here is a shot I snapped yesterday. Looking good and clean. On the way to work today this was already dry so no worries about rain. This is going to be a great day and I am looking forward to it. I am planning to come in early and help out with directing traffic. It makes me feel important :)

utf-8BTG9zIEFuZ2VsZXMtMjAxMDEwMTktMDAwMTAuanBn.jpg

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

I registered for the show, but can't attend due to some car trouble. I sent an e-mail through the site, but haven't heard back. Just want to know if I've lost my registration fee, and if I can have my shirt sent to me via mail. Thanks.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Jeff,

I pass by the park almost everyday. Here is a shot I snapped yesterday. Looking good and clean. On the way to work today this was already dry so no worries about rain. This is going to be a great day and I am looking forward to it. I am planning to come in early and help out with directing traffic. It makes me feel important :)

utf-8BTG9zIEFuZ2VsZXMtMjAxMDEwMTktMDAwMTAuanBn.jpg

hamada

Hamada,

Salamat ya basha,

I can use your help. I'll be there at 7:00 to scope the place out and finalize the layout.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Jeff,

hamada

Hamada,

Salamat ya basha,

I can use your help. I'll be there at 7:00 to scope the place out and finalize the layout.

My main man. I will be there ya basha ya kebeer awy.. what coffee do you drink? I will swing by sbucks and possibly p/up some donuts too

hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

Jeff, Awesome event again! It gets better each year, thank you to both you and John for putting this on. Over 20 coupes and perhaps 200 vintage BMWs.

Chris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix