• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race Pad part numbers

BWAutosport

Funny, Lee-

I ran the blues as a dedicated track pad on my street car,

and then when I went racing, tried numerous 'upgrade' pads,

including the HT-10.

I kept coming back to the Blue. The HT-10 glazed, cracked rotors,

picked up on the rotors, and was really hard to get heat into on the pace lap.

I liked the Carbotecs, but they didn't last as long, and weren't any faster

for more money. Porterfield feel just wasn't there.

Guess we're all different!

(good reminder, though, that I shouldn't stop trying different pads when I

have the time and money...)

t

(and there's no- one running ITB up in this corner of the universe-

bummer, because it's a cheap way to have fun)

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Toby,

If you jump on a flight out east in May next year, you can rent the 2002 we're building and get some 3+ hours of track time for around $425 registration.

***EDIT*** I should add the following EBC numbers:

Yellowstuff: DP4126R

Redstuff: DP3126C

These are 15mm thick pads - until I get a chance to fit them, don't take these as a guaranteed fit. The Ferrari cross mentioned below are rear pads for mid-80's Testarossa.

Just got a reply from Pagid, here's what they said:

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry for the broken link to the drawing on our site.

The correct part number for the 2002 is 4634 not 4304 (see attached). This pad comes in 15mm and 18.5mm thickness. As far as I know depending on rotor thickness and caliper (2002 Turbo) you might be able to use the thicker pad.

The 15mm pad is hardly used in the US and therefore would be special order from Germany. We have the 18.5mm pad in the blue RS4-2 compound in stock in the US because it fits also a few Ferrari applications.

I am sorry; we do not make performance drum linings.

His attachments are found below. i would expect them to be in the $175-200 range.

I picked up some EBC reds & yellows for our event Thanksgiving weekend. I've read good things about the yellowstuff on similar cars to the '02. We shall see...

Cheers,

Ian

Pagid_racing compound characteristics.pdf

Pagid_4634.pdf

1976 BMW 2002

1961 Austin Mini

1983 BMW 320i

• Administrators

I use Porterfield brake pads in my car. I ordered them through Mark P. at LPI Racing. Porterfield will maker any pads or shoes you want in any of their compounds. I think it took a total of 2 weeks for me to get the pads i wanted.

http://www.lpiracing.com/Porterfield-Brake-Pads-c762.htm

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store