vlados2002

WHAT FRONT AIR DAM or SPOILER DOES YOUR 2002 HAVE??

84 posts / 27163 viewsLast Reply

My handmade duckbill.  Metal and bolted.

pspoiler.jpg

spoilerred.jpg

Sadly, I was the design portion of the crew.  That said, I can tell you how we did it.

i went for a reproduction one, half way through finished at the moment, wanted to get it secured on before i start making adjustments to the splitter for the bumper to go back on, then i will have it painted body colour to match.

word of warning if you buy a fiberglass repro one be prepared for some serious fettling to get it to fit properly

post-48453-0-16870200-1430397984_thumb.j

post-48453-0-58239200-1430398160_thumb.j

Made my own one, too:

I've already started to write a blog, but I can't get along yet with the new functions. I hope I'll learn.

P3220028.JPG

P4010027.JPG

Ireland Engineering's air dam. It's made of some polymer that makes it less prone to breaking if it comes into contact with something. Easy to install, hardly any trimming required other than slots for bumper brackets if you're running them. 

image.jpg

Prototype of an air dam we're making, some out of aluminum and also investigating molding units of fiberglass or carbon fiber (I'll shoot the latest version of it this weekend). For race cars, this will be SVRA legal. -KB

air-dam-proto-1.jpg

I always liked your camaro version. Very tempting. How is it attached? Can you show some closeups? I assume its hidden rivets underneath?

Andrew, where did you acquire an alpina-repro unit with the round brake cooling holes? 

3 hours ago, danco_ said:

Andrew, where did you acquire an alpina-repro unit with the round brake cooling holes? 

Had the body shop modify an Alpina replica to have the round holes. So it would look like the 1 of 3E Hoffman. IE and Rogers Tii sell them with small tapered rectangular holes. Alpina 1.jpg