14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

new shot at Massive S14 oil pans

M2M3

in this previous thread and the one linked into it,

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,334717/highlight,s14+oil+pan/

Lee has a nice design for an 2002 S14 oil pan. He needs 10 paid orders to produce it. from the old thread it appears there were at least 10 people that were interested at the time. here was the list:

"1-2- Nick Vyse - 2 sets

3- Pete in Japan

4- Julio in San Jose CA

5- Jan in San Jose CA

6- Mike B. in Geneva IL

7- Mark in San Diego, CA

8- Kurt Bicknell

9- Sherman Martinez, CA

10 - Josh Johnson, CA"

do we have 10 people who are ready to pull the trigger NOW and get this production going?

1 - Marshall

2 -

Pan will fit S14 engines in the stock location, and those set back by up to 1.5". It is built from 3/16" and 3/8" aluminum sheets that are laser cut, CNC folded, CNC machined, and welded.

Two vertical baffles and one full horizontal are built-in. Rubber flaps for the vertital baffles not included.

Increased oil capacity.

On engines that are set-back, the oil pan will fit the swaybar in the stock location.

On engine in stock location, the pan will fit the IE swaybar

Price of the pan in the GB is $500.00usd including custom teflon gasket. Production is two weeks.

If I have some leftovers, price will be $750.00usd

Once I have at least 10 confirmed commitments, then I will start production. When the components start being produced, I will post pictures of the elements. Then all payments will be required within the week. Those who will not meet the deadline will be removed from the list and the pans available to others at the regular price of $750.00usd. Pans will not be sold to those who widthdraw from the list.

There will be most likely only one batch produced. When it is gone, it is gone. Unless another group of 10 is interested.

Where will we be able to source the vertical baffles?

With the vertical baffle basically covering the entire top of the pan are you sure the oil will be able to return to the pickup fast enough? I- though I admit am not an expert- have never seen a vertical baffle like that. Not a dis just looking for and education.

Pete

Where will we be able to source the vertical baffles?

With the vertical baffle basically covering the entire top of the pan are you sure the oil will be able to return to the pickup fast enough? I- though I admit am not an expert- have never seen a vertical baffle like that. Not a dis just looking for and education.

Pete

The two vertical baffles come with the kit. The Motorsport oil pan has two. The horizontal baffle has been selling for two years to the S14 crowd and has worked flawlessly. It completely isolates the oil pick-up. And it is built-in the upper part of the M2 oil pan.

You can see a test of the horizontal baffle, with the slots to insert the vertical baffles. This test was laser cut just to verify measurements and locations. In the final product, it is machined in the 3/8" upper part of the assembly. The horizontal baffle is virtually submerged in oil.

You can see the extension on the left.

Pan_template.jpg