Maximillian Importing Co. turn-around time

kiva667

They are generally on the fast side. As with anything, it can always vary.

They did have some issues a few years ago and were getting bad reviews. Max C was on it and addressed many issues publically here on the FAQ. I am assuming they must have resolved the problems as I can't recall any poor messages with their name on it in quite a while. It's the old- no news is good news thing.

Shipping times vary greatly on the actual type of part ordered and how far you are from Maryland.

If they are "common" parts, I've received them very quick - especially since they are in close proximity to me.

As with everywhere else, make sure you time your purchase of uncommon parts so you aren't waiting while working on the car.

Anyone else experienced issues with their on-line ordering of more than 1 part? Their website used to make me go all the way back to selecting the car to do "more shopping".

Make sure to shop around for price and availability. I've been buying parts from BLUNT with great customer service.

Another thing to consider is that if the order is coming from Germany, it will typically take a week longer. Max has usually been ok with me in the past regarding timeliness, but they did a lousy job packing a parcel shelf and rear window shade for my e24, resulting in a broken shade(repaired it with JB Weld rather than dealing with ups and max).

bob

Another thing to consider is that if the order is coming from Germany, it will typically take a week longer. Max has usually been ok with me in the past regarding timeliness, but they did a lousy job packing a parcel shelf and rear window shade for my e24, resulting in a broken shade(repaired it with JB Weld rather than dealing with ups and max).

bob

perhaps if you had complained to us, instead of everyone else, it would have been taken care of. and if you think that bmw stocks every part for every car in every color in the us, you are dreaming. the e24 was a very low production car, even when it was still in production, parts were often hard to get. trim pieces have a shelf life. i resent the implication that customers are ignored. we just went thru a similar situation with a c pillar trim for an e30 m3. the first part shipped was damaged at a corner. we bubble wrapped a second one, that was damaged also. however, we realized the part was coming from the bmw warehouse damaged. the third time, we inspected it, and returned it. the 4th time, it looked good, so we took pictures, the cust ok'd it, and it was sent. i sent out call tags for the other parts, and we paid the freight on each replacement. another case was with a grille for an 88 m6. the cust complaint was that the very outer part of the left kidney was deformed, and did not quite match the right side. he had already ordered and returned the same part to a different source. so we ordered another, and asked the bmw warehouse to inspect them, and send us a good one. of course, the one we got did not look acceptable, so we returned it, and got another. then, we took pictures, and got the customer approval to send what we thought was good. again, i issued call tags, and all freight was prepaid. right now we are waiting for a customer to return a window regulator for a 3.0cs, apparently he got the wrong side. correct part number on the bag, wrong side inside. so, we have the correct side waiting, and when we get the questionable one, we will compare it, and send out the correct one. we have another cust with issues on a euro rear bumper for a 72 2002. after several pictures, and conversations, it seems bmw is reproducing a part incorrectly. we have ordered the same part 3 times, and it is not correct.

we have problems with ups also. i have sent out replacement parts and issued call tags when i know it was ups' fault, but because of the time involved, in order to get the correct/undamaged part to the customer, we just take the part back and send out another. i would like to know what world YOU live in

I am the E30 M3 C-pillar buyer that Ken was posting about. I can vouch that Ken is a great guy and does everything possible to make customers happy. I had the guys at Mobile Tradition send me 4 different C-Pillars untill I finally got one that wasn't broken. I understand that Ken might of taken it personal but he might of just of been having an OK Day. Yeah he should of read the comment by the poster about 2-3 times and he would of seen it wasn't a direct bash to Mobile Tradition but the poster who wrote the comment should of also called Mobile Tradition and made his order right. Not make it seem like they send crap to there customers on purpose. Most if not all parts sent by Mobile Tradition are still packaged in there original bags. If you have any orders to make don't hesitate to Call Max or Ken.