14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Jade is down for the count

LeeJohn

One week before our awesome socal meet my car has died!

I was at a light, and when i accelerated i heard the loudest BANG! in the rear and then some tin tin ting... I pulled over to the side of the road. I look underneath and nothing seemed out of order.. When i starteed her up and put her in gear i just heard noises :( the tranny goes into gear just fine. sounds like the driveshaft broke.. or the rear end. I had to push her about a mile to my mechanics and she push smooth and fine so i dont think its the rear.. If anyone has any ideas let me know.. i have one week to fix her for our big meet.. If i miss this ill go crazy

so drive shaft is turning.. it might be rear end.. Now here is the main question.. if it is what should i go with.. ive heard that a non lsd is actually better for autocross.. hmm what do u guys think.. i never drive in rain or snow only aggressive autocross

Not true. An autocross needs an LSD, even more than the track, because you make sharper turns and floor it out of turns which will cause a lot of tire spin on the unloaded rear tire. The LSD would transfer that forward movement to the loaded wheel which would automatically help with weight transfer, squat the back a bit and allow the unloaded tire to help with forward motion.

An LSD also helps you rotate the back end when entering a turn. Turn the wheel, then lift. The back end will rotate. Then get back on the throttle when you have lined up the car with the intended direction. An LSD makes that process more controllable.