14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Thanks Steve J. for organizing the impromptu drive today

dubois

It was so good to see all of you who attended. It was a drive, mainly done to pay a tribute to our 02 friend Curt Ingraham. I was both, surprised and happy to see Lisa Ferrari there - a chance for all us to pay our respect. The window of opportunity for being present and be part of this is so brief - I am glad I went.

Thanks Steve, for picking some great stops, and great roads. I stayed back, because, frankly, I just couldn't keep up with you guys (or didn't dare), besides carrying 700 more lbs is an unfair handicap. Next time, I"ll get my exhaust fixed, and I will be leader of the pack.

Here is a great shot of Tom Jones 02.

Tom Jones' 02

Yes Dubois, it was indeed a nice outing, even though the weather wasn't too cooperative, providing us with the first rain of the season; I think Curt would be proud of us. Thanks to Steve and Dana for heading up the route and corraling us all. We really are tremendously lucky to have such a tight and supportive community, it never ceases to amaze me. Lisa, it was great to have you come and join us once again with Cookie riding shotgun, we continue to keep you in our thoughts.

Below are a couple of shots from the first half of the drive which I attended. I didn't make it out to the coast but at least got to drive some beautiful roads and also witnessed Mr. Jones attempting to eat the largest sticky bun on the face of the planet.

02drive1.jpg

02drive2.jpg02drive3.jpg

Thanks to all who made the trek to the NorthBay.

When Dana and I pulled up, we did not expect to see Lisa and Cookie there. Lisa also pointed out that the meeting spot I had chosen was being watched by the Flying Lizard race trailer. I told her, we'll take that as a sign. I reiterated what Curt Ingraham's wishes were: Visit with friends, go for a drive, try a new restaurant.

We had 10 cars show up. Some new iron and 5 2002's. Dubois even drove all the way up from Hollister just for some coffee and a scone!

We tried a few roads we had never been on. We stopped at a coffee place that was new to us. (Playing the Smiths on the PA, cool place!) Went to our favorite bakery, then drove some more great twisty roads. It was rumoured that those sticky buns improved steering wheel grip. The last few of us ended up at a Casey Motorsports, then off to Lagunitas Brewing for conversation, a late lunch, and some live music. We drank a toast: to friends, Thanks Curt!

It was a GREAT day.

(Was gonna post a couple of my pics, but forgot the dang camera cable. Maybe later.)