Rear dust boots with integrated compression washers?

dibo

So I noticed when putting some old bilsteins back on the rear of my '75 that the bottom compression washer (the one that squishes the rubber mount) appears to be integrated into the dust boot. I don't have pics unfortunately, but they're the hard plastic boots rather than the soft/pliable rubber... the only reason I'm wondering is because I couldn't get clearance to get the nut started with the bottom washer and the boot in there... using the integrated washer/boot without the separate washer gave me just enough thread to get the nut started.

So... am I going to thrash my mounts, or am I good using just the boot (with integrated washer thing) without the separate bottom washer?

Short answer, yes. I have the same Bilstein rear shocks/mounts. I would think you definitely need a bottom washer because you need a stop to limit the inner sleeve in the rubber mount. The washer integrated in the dust sleeve also serves as the lower mounting washer, so you don't need an additional lower washer if I understand your post correctly. Hope this helps.--Jim