14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Recommendations for PDR in SoCal?

JohnC

Can anyone recommend a Paintless Dent Repair guy in SoCal, (preferably Pasadena area) that is experienced and is comfortable working on old BMW metal?

I took my E3 to my long-time paint and body to have his PDR guy take the many door dings out. He messed with one panel, and gave up. Said the metal is too tough and hard to work, and he was afraid he was going to break my window.

The owner of the shop said that's typical from the few that he's used. They like the easy soft panels of modern cars.

I was actually satisfied with what he accomplished on the one panel. He got rid of the minor ones, and the biggest one looks much better. I wasn't looking for perfection because it's an old driver with original paint with many minor flaws.

I figure that there's got to be someone out there who is experienced and comfortable with this kind of car.

Lemme know! Thanks!

John,

I've had the same trouble finding someone to do PDR on older cars.

Several years back, I contacted a PDR guy who was supposed to work on older cars and he told me he stopped taking on that work. He told me the combination of thicker sheet metal (hard to move) and old paint (easy to crack) on older cars made it unprofitable.

Good luck with the search!

See you at Woodley Park next week?

Hey John,

Wonder if someone in the vintage P-car crowd would know...

I had one dent pulled about a year ago. I heard the same concern about potential for cracking the paint if any more finesse was applied. I'll get the contact details of the guy next week and let you know so perhaps you can discuss with him further.

Cheers,

Ray

I had one dent pulled about a year ago. I heard the same concern about potential for cracking the paint if any more finesse was applied. I'll get the contact details of the guy next week and let you know so perhaps you can discuss with him further.

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks Ray, how 'bout you - going to the Woodley Park event?

Yep!

See, if I can hop over, I'm sure you can!

See ya there!

Cheers,

Ray

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks Ray, how 'bout you - going to the Woodley Park event?