New body on the horizon - some questions

dtharp113

After who knows how long -- actually about 3yrs! -- my body shop has started work on my new(ish) shell (Andy, you remember me picking it from you w/ the Ryder truck?).

I'm looking to use as much of my existing car as possible and am trying to build a timeline and a schedule of work.

? 1. how difficult is it, and how long would it take to refresh the front and rear sub. Thinking new bushings, tie rods, etc.

? 2. can this be done with the sub attached. As the body isn't ready yet, I'd need to do this refresh on my existing car.

? 3. how does not having a lift compound the degree of difficulty?

? 4. could I get some help from anyone(s) in the NoVA/DC area? at the least i'd provide beers and food.

thanks

Guest Anonymous

If I can do it so can you especially with all the FAQ help. I just did the front and rear subframes on mine plus the IE big brake upgrade front and rear. I rebuilt the CV joints and replaced my diff with a used but rebuilt later model. All by myself. Not bad for an old guy. After doing the front I decided to get the rear powder coated since the trailing arms had a lot of surface rust. American Stripping in Manassas did both arms and center section for $240.

Next project is my engine rebuild, stainless exhaust, used metric mech 4spd, clutch, and the rebuilt driveshaft I got from you. I will email you later.