14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

What water pump is this?

Harv

Man, this is sparking memories. I am pretty sure that when I did the 318i m10 swap, I had to put on the 2002 accessories (water pump and alternator) because the 318i pulley spacing did not work out. I am guessing the 318i pully was too close to the radiator for my comfort.

When I talked to you, I was a bit mixed up because the 2002 water pump that I swapped in went bad within a few months of the swap. However, I think I put all of the 318i accessories in a box, in case you want the 318i pulley and fan. If so, let me know and I can check the box this PM.

I checked some notes that I made when I did the motor swap. My notes confirm that I decided to put the 2002 water pump and alternator on the 318i m10 because I felt the 318i fan would be too close to the radiator. I didn't write down any measurements in my notes, but I recall that it would have been too close for my comfort.