14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Charity! Alpina TII Injection!

LeeJohn

I'm no expert but I think his starting prices are a bit on the high side - have you seen his dismantled tii that he's asking £1500 for?? And that doesn't include the majority of the parts! You can get complete (but ratty) cars for much less than that over here and drive them away.

I mean, good luck to him but I think he'll be disappointed. There was a Heidegger (I think) slide throttle system sold over here just a few weeks ago for £800. Does the Alpina magic really warrant an extra £3k? Personally I think not...

yeah its way to expensive but supply and demand will win in the end.. if he cant sell it price will drop and if he can good for him.

they r rare as hens teeth though.. my goal is a alpina system.. god that would be so nice.. I wouldnt mind spending the money if the cars value increases just the same.. but i dont think 7g's will do

I think he is a little pricey, but then again my motto is to sell stuff for what you think is right, at the end of the day the market speaks and then you make a decision to sell or keep. Early style manifolds with no provision for cold start (although I have posted up how this was done with this set up), no air box, no pump, and incorrect (tii) injection lines. You are right I think doesn't really add value to the car unless someone really wants a carw with that system. As an example, around 1994/5, I sold my very nice '73tii (#2763503) for $6,000, had been re-painted (good paint job), new carpet, door panels (overall excellent interior) factory alloys, Billy's, LSD, 4speed, rebuilt engine.....sold the ALPINA injection system for $5,000 (new style manifold w/cold start, VGC TB's, air box, gummi's, trumpets, NOS real deal ALPINA A4 pump, no injection lines.....so there you have it nearly sold the injection for as much as the car!

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com/

Link to post on early A4 System

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com/search/label/BMW%20ALPINA%20-%20520i