Any one running BBS RS 16" or 17" what offset?

I'm betting fitting 17's underneath is gonna be a challange. You should have all sorts of rubbing issues unless you basically paint your tire on, which is probably gonna kill your rim any time you hit a pothole.

EDIT: I'm assuming your going unflared. If you put either turbo or alpina flares on then things change.

I wonder if the webmaster should open a new section entitled "Pimp my ohTwo, yo!" Just to avoid having to see pictures of a 2002 on 17" wheels with metal flake apple candy 20-layers-of-clear paint job and pneumatic suspension.

Basically, this is the wrong car for these wheels. Because excesses are possible, doesn't mean they have to be done. ;-)

Unofficial-Pimp-My-Ride_1.png

Sorry. Just had to laugh at the idea of a 2002 on 17" wheels.

The problem with fitting big wheels with small tire shoulders is that the shell was not built for that. The shell is soft and is designed for some compliance in the tires. Fit extra stiff tires/wheels and the shell itself becomes the very weak link in the suspension. Which puts more stress on the chassis.

Trust me Lee, I know what you're saying. Just cause it fits don't make it safe or right. Sometimes it's just fun to see it done and it sure looks purdy. : )

To the OP, I've yet to see an 02 on 16 or 17 RS. Only CJ's with the 17 LMs and his 16 Alpinas. I'm not an RS expert but i don't think they ever came in 4x100 unless redrilled.

Ben Thongsai used to have a 2002 running on 16" Hartge wheels if I am not mistaken and it also looked okay. And about a decade ago, we had discussions on roadkill.org about not fitting anything bigger than 14" wheels on a 2002 cabby for chassis stiffness reasons. ;-)

2002 racecars have stiff tires and suspension, but they also have a rollcage to tie the car together.

It would most def have to be flared I agree and i think it's really a matter of taste. I feel like us younger 02 enthusiasts have the need to both hot road and drop our cars to retarded heights via the most ridiculous wheels possible. It may seem like a a funny and alien concept to some, but truly it is a means of expression. I mean the sweeds and Fins are notorious for slamming their cars on some of the most ridiculous wheels and they do it with style which is even more crucial. Plus, and this is just my humble opinion, 17" or even 16" look sexy on any german car especially the beloved e10. Just my thoughts.

To have a car on 16" or 17" should then requires a significant amount of style and taste. If these factors are achieved and performance is no hindered but enhanced then it is a Win ( turbo) win in my book lol.

great link by the way on the wheel thread.

17" or even 16" look sexy on any german car especially the beloved e10. Just my thoughts.

Car was designed almost half a century ago for 13" wheels running 165mm tires. I would not put 20" rims on a Porsche 356 or a Spyder either. Both for styling and for engineering reasons. But hey, it's your car and you can do whatever you want. ;-)

Hey this is 2010, you can do anything you want.

some like, some hate, 17 inch on a 02 is something different,

Stylewise bbs rs 16 inch is super cool if the wheel is a little wider, like 8 or 9 inch.

But the 02 body is not really suitable for these sizes, (except with the wider wheel arches,like the turbo fenders.)

Just find a combination that works with the style of your car.

my old project (2009) was a combination of 02 with e30 parts.

and my intention was not 'the bling' but my idea of a combi of seventees and nineties.

picture follows