IE mechanical advance dizzy, now no tach

Cameron

So I installed my mechanical advance distributor from Ireland Engineering to replace my wearing out vacuum unit. I went for the one with the ignitor instead of old tried and true points condensor, and have now run into the problem that there is no place to plug my tach signal wire onto the distributor, and thus I am without a tach. I can tune everything using the RPM pickup feature on my DMM, but I really don't like driving by ear, especially hot rodding freeway onramps. Much smoother performance with the HEI, and no oil leak issues from either the o-ring or up through the shaft yet as far as I can tell with the thirty or so miles I put on it tonight

What are my options as far as getting my tach up and running? Preferably cheap options, I hadn't planned for this, I was planning on picking up springs to go with my bilsteins and a header and exhaust asap. I'm going to also reread my installation guide just in case I missed something as well.

By the way, I was very unimpressed with the distributor cap that came with the unit. Instead of the metal locating tab screwed onto the body with a deep notch in the cap to hold it in place like the stock unit, the IE had a notch cut into the distributor housing and a very thin tab on the new cap. Since the distributor was such a tight fit, it took quite a bit of force to turn the housing to time the car, and before I knew it the tab on the cap broke off. I was able to get the old cap to fit my screwing the old locating tab onto the distributor body, but was very disappointed in ireland for this. Most of the blame can be puton my large hands that made it impossible to turn the body without gripping the cap, but dissapointing nonetheless.

Wow, I don't know how I missed that, but I've been having a pretty f---ed up week at work - yesterday I yanked the motor out of a wrangler because it had rod knock, only to find out the clutch was recently done and the mickey mouse shop that did it left the flywheel loose, giving it rod knock like sound. Then today when putting in the dizzy, in a rush, I marked the housing but completely forgot to mark the rotor location and just pulled it right out the hole and gave it a spin before I realized what I'd done. Hopefully next week things turn back around...