14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

fitting my new wheels (pics) GOT THEM ON FINALLY

Bimjam02

I still need to roll the fenders and get hubcentric rings and spacers for up front but heres a little preview for now. debating getting fender flares. its a tight squeeze but i'd like to try and make it work. 15x8 et 15 in the back with 205/50's and up front is a 15x7 et 38 with 195/50's. i used washers to get my spacing up front and ill need a half inch spacer to make it fit. the car is lowered on stock springs about 1.5 coils cut off. its hard to see since i couldnt get far enough back but soon ill have everything i need. EDIT- Where do you guys go to get some custom made wheel spacers that are hubcentric without spending an arm and a leg?

downsize-1.jpg

wheelfront.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had to put a pause on fitting them since im in the middle of a move. ill get a side shot from further back hopefully tomorrow or wednesday at the latest. for sure. i had to take that shot from inside my current garage which is a 10x20 storage unit. my new garage that im super excited about is much much larger. i also just got the wheel spacers up front too. i figured ill have some fender rubbing but i have a couple ideas floatin around in my head that i want to do without going the turbo flare route. theres no rubbing at a stand still and no rubbing up front lock to lock on the steering with the spacing. again thats not moving down a bumpy road. work in progress...im getting ancy too

I hate to add a negative tone to such hard work and a good looking final product, but I see flaking rubber and bubbled paint in your future if you like to drive hard at all. A few good hard turns or dips in the road at speed and for sure the front is gong to rub. With an essentially stock suspension, the body will dip enough to make contact I'm afraid. This from experience.

If you have good money in that paint, I would keep your aggro driving to a minimum..

Haha Thanks for the tips,i totally agree. this whole thing is a work in progress so im still working on fitment. im going to be working on coming up with my own fender design since i dont want to go turbo flares like everyone else(no offense to those who have). as for the paint, its in need of a new one so in the mean time im not to worried about it. as for now its just going to sit im my garage and look cool but its not really drivable right now until i sort out the rubbing issues