worth changing from weber 32/26 to 38

SurferJim

O2 Fans :

I did not readily see a comparision in past posts, though setting up 38 was great.

Have a fairly new 32/26 set up however when stepping on gas on steep inclines etc the lag is apparent until the 36 opens up.

Would going to a 38 eliminate this ? and worth the $ to change over.

Thank you

Jim

..... "have a fairly new 32/26 set up however

when stepping on gas on steep inclines

etc the lag is apparent until the 36

opens up. Would going

to a 38 eliminate this?" = No

what you have is a 32/36 that's in need

of jetting change. Jetted properly,

you will have seamless power delivery,

at any throttle opening. And fantastic Power!

sort out what you already have first

...my WEBER prescription:

32/36

Float Level 40mm

PRIMARY

idle 60

main 140

air correction 145

SECONDARY

idle 55

main 170

air correction 175

AND -PLUG THE SECONDARY ENRICHMENT HOLE AT THE TOP OF THE CARB AS MY DIAGRAM SHOWS . DON'T ASK WHY- JUST DO IT AND SEE THE HUGE DIFFERANCE IN ACCURATE FUEL METERING THROUGH OUT ALL RPM AND THROTTLE OPENINGS.

3236float.gif

3236diag.jpg

so that it acts like a 38/38-i.e. synchronous vs progressive. I think they're about $45 and includes a new accelerator pump nozzle that feeds both barrels vs the primary only. From what I understand they work pretty well. They call it a "Synch Link."

cheers

mike

I have this and its a big difference, but jetting is still up in the air on how to resolve a hesitation when you hit the gas. I adjusted my driving style for it and it's well worth the 40 bucks.

jetting is still up in the air on how to resolve a hesitation when you hit the gas.

i bought one about the same time that you originally posted about yours but hesitated to install it after your issues...iirc, there were one or 2 other guys that bought them and asked about setting up the carb

not knowing much at all about carbs, would i only have headaches trying to run it or should i leave well enough alone with my 32/36

Guest Anonymous

Thanks to all , will try jetting changes first , from the "right coast "excellent diagram & measurements, again big thank you to all

38 could come back to my Santa's list this yr , but have found out tweaking first before buying allows me more surfboards

jetting is still up in the air on how to resolve a hesitation when you hit the gas.

i bought one about the same time that you originally posted about yours but hesitated to install it after your issues...iirc, there were one or 2 other guys that bought them and asked about setting up the carb

not knowing much at all about carbs, would i only have headaches trying to run it or should i leave well enough alone with my 32/36

I also purchased one of these kits. The hesitation is caused by an extremely lean condition, according to my AEM wideband O2 gauge. I tried alot of different main jets, air correction jets, settings, etc., but the hesitation never went away. I finally gave up and removed the kit. It sucks because the power this kit provided was awesome and made my stock 2002 a blast to drive.

did anyone fit an accelerator pump nozzle with outlets for both barrels? I think the lean condition is at the moment that the second barrel starts to seriously open, as it opens more quickly than the primary. A squirt from the accelerator pump into the secondary barrel should overcome the momentary lean condition, shouldn't it?

mike

did anyone fit an accelerator pump nozzle with outlets for both barrels? I think the lean condition is at the moment that the second barrel starts to seriously open, as it opens more quickly than the primary. A squirt from the accelerator pump into the secondary barrel should overcome the momentary lean condition, shouldn't it?

mike

Mike, the kit comes with the accelerator pump nozzle from a 38/38. So both barrels are getting squirts of fuel on acceleration. The only time it didnt hesitate was during full throttle acceleration. But cruising down the highway at 70mph and nailing the throttle would lean out the engine bad.

Rover, I was using the stock emulsion tubes. I was planning on buying some extras but was tired of spending $$ on jets.

i can't speak to the jetting prescription, but i recently replaced a very old 32/36 with a 38 and the difference was epic. not even the same car. she calmed down a little once the idle was properly set and the engine timed. AND- defying the laws of physics, i'm getting better gas mileage. of course, that could be for any number of reasons.

i'm putting in a "hogged out" intake manifold this weekend, so perhaps 'll get back to you with more "hell yeah weber 38/38!"