14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

New Product Offering

I'm working on an idea that appeals to me, but will produce more if even a few people are interested. Perhaps you've seen spare spark plug holders on various vintage cars. This was fairly common when plugs had a tendency to foul, even when the motor was in a good state of tune. The early ones I've seen are usually made of cast aluminum and tapped to receive the spare plugs, often in the same number required for that particular car. The one I'm working on will be a polycaronate box with clear cover, much like a mini fuse box and hold 2 plugs very neatly. It will be constructed of the highest quality materials with great attention to detail. Small flanges will be available to mount this either vertically, horizontally or loose in the glove box. The cover will be held with 4 SS knurled thumb screws and will feature a water and dust tight gasket. Is this a necessary accessory? No. And of course you could just throw some spares in your travel tool box. But I do find this kind of detail to be a neat little addition to a vintage car.

My inspiration for this idea came from the plug holder on Meg's '67 1600. Pictures will be posted when the prototype is complete.

vintageplugholder.jpg

That image has been hanging around forever, waiting to be copied. I even considered it recently when someone threw it up on my blog..

I saw another clever spark plug related tweak the other day. About a 1/2" of heater hose around the ceramic end of the plug wires.. Held them nice and taut in the head, probably held crud at bay too.