Easier way to remove and install brake master cylinder

RedBaron

Taking the master cylinder off can be hard because the hydraulic three fittings on the bottom are hard to reach. It can be even harder to put it back on because 2 of the 3 bottom fittings do not point straight down. They are ofset about 5 degrees from vertical which can make it very hard to get the treads lined up correctly to get them started when you put the new or rebuilt unit back in. This time it finally dawned on me to remove the two side hydralic lines, grab the cylinder and pull it forward until it disengaged from the bolts on the servo with the bottom lines still attached. I then twisted it hard enough to bend the lines and rotate the entire master about 30 degrees toward the engine. Taking the bottom lines off was much easier and getting them started in again to hook it back up was much easier since I could clearly see the openings and line the threads up visually. No risk of stripping that way and much less cursing. After I got the bottom ones reinstalled on the rebuilt unit, I twisted it back to the vertical and pushed it onto the servo bolts. The I to instaledl the two side lines. Took all of 5 minutes to get it off this way and the same to get it back one. Took me hours to get it back on the old way. Since the lines are very flexible I dont think this risked damaging anything.