2002 Mechanic in LA area

DONK

Can any one recommend a good mechanic in the los angeles area? I have been working on my 2002 for over a year and have replaced tons of parts myself. My problem is the car is not starting. The car has a newish radiator and cooling system, wires plugs cap rotor fuel pump alternator and carb rebuild. The car started right up when I bought it and was driven about forty miles before it over heated. The car has briefly been started since working on it and but has not been driven more than two blocks. The last time I attempted to start the car was two weeks ago immediately after the carb rebuild fresh fuel pump and new battery. Gas was poured into the carburetor and the car sounded as though it was going to start -three seconds later it died. I removed the coil and had it tested but the guy seemed to think the coil was fine. I also attempted to time it by finding TDC, but wasnt able to because I was working alone. It is possible that I flooded it by pouring too much gas into the carb on the various occasions that I tried starting the car thus fouling the plugs.

If anyone knows someone who can help me get the car started, I would greatly appreciate it. I would prefer thte person come to where the car is parked in San Pedro versus me having it towed. Im hoping I can find someone who will show me what I did wrong versus someone who just gets it started -plus , the car still wont be ready to be driven .

Don 225-288-9123

Thanks for the tip. Im sort of familiar with him except hes too far away. I would have to have the car towed and even after it got started I would not be able to drive the car yet. I just want to be able to start the car to make sure the engine is running ok.

I think I might know the place youre talking about but it seems to me I went in there one time and it was under brand new ownership -they had some tii parts in a display case-the guy had no idea what they were and was willing to seel them-there was a valve cover and something else

Hmm, I guess that might be. You could call and ask for Holger and see.

The place near Binn I don't know. But I'm out of touch.

GL,

Ray

I think I might know the place youre talking about but it seems to me I went in there one time and it was under brand new ownership -they had some tii parts in a display case-the guy had no idea what they were and was willing to seel them-there was a valve cover and something else