14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

pics of 15x8 wheels turbo flares 215/50 15 tires or similar

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

yeah pretty specific. going to get a set of 15x8 rota rbs with et4 offset to fill IE turbo flares. anyone have 215/50s? hows the rubbing? saw a pic with 225 45s that looked pretty good but read they rub bad and would have to do some hammering. thanks for any help.

saw a pic with 225 45s that looked pretty good but read they rub bad and would have to do some hammering. thanks for any help.

I have the above setup. They do not rub except at full steering lock, which is what the hammering is needed for. A taller tire will have more of a problem with this area (the corner of the footwell).

I don't know of any good (street) tires made in that size. Do you have something specific in mind?

I've got 225/50R15 on 15x8 et 15's and they clear the strut by a few mm, I'm probably going to run 3-5mm spacers just for peace of mind. When the tires wear out I'll be running 215/45R15 Hankook Ventus R-S3, there are very few choices in 215/50, BFG makes a 340a G-force sport. It depends on what you're looking for. If you really want traction you'll get a lot more out of the 225/45 Hankook's since they are 140a's.

I taped the flares in place on my car with 225/50's and they barely clear the struts and I think they will rub on the fenders with lowering springs...good reason to do some custom fiberglass or CF flares.