14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

CV joint cap

///mChris

I am replacing my CV boots. I ordered the part number 33219067911

boot. There is a shocking different between oem and FEBI replacement boots.

$60 for BMW and $10 for Febi. I ordered 4 of the Febi kits. None of them come with end caps as shown on the diagram. Is it possible that is the difference between the $60 BMW kit and the $10 Febi kit?

I've got one cap that is way overdue for replacement. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks for the fantastic instructions

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,330626/

I'd definately use black silicone if I thought that would work!

Guest Anonymous

The BMW kit comes with new inner caps(diff end) and pre-clamped bellows onto outer caps. I just did mine and they were a pain to install. If I were to do it again I would just get some used half-shafts and forget about taking all that stuff apart. I saved a few of the old inner caps if you need one. Free + shipping.

Don't know what services are available in your area, but here in Huntsville there is a shop that specializes in rebuilding axles/cv joints. $45 per axle, you bring them in, joints inspected for serviceability, repacked, new boots. Caps are removed by a tool of some sort that does no damage to them. I cant service them for that amount.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES