Please post pics of your radiators

fast2002

I have a STOCK radiator, 76C t-stat and a Spal 12" Hi performance pusher fan. Car stays cool even in 110 degree heat...I can attest to that...now the driver was hot as hell....lol...If you need more cooling than that...then getting a stock radiator recored with 3 cores will do the trick. There is also the Ireland Engineering aluminum radiator.

Charlie, where did you get that distributor cap?

Thanks.

I got mine at the local aircooled VW store ( the bug guys love them ) . Thanks to Tom Jones I now know that they came off a Fiat X-19. You'll have to modify the base a bit with a dremmel to work on out distributors, takes a couple of seconds to cut a slot for the tab on ours.

Here is my solution for my M2 when I lived in Miami, FL. A 320i radiator, which is wider than the 2002 radiator, with front valence sheet metal cut out to expose the entire radiator to airflow. Mounted an electric pusher fan in front of the radiator, which is triggered by a fan relay connected to the temp sensor in the M3 thermostat. Didn't overheat on the track, or as a daily driver, even during August traffic jams in Miami ;)

M2_320i.jpg

And this is my current project. Same M2, this time with a Ron Davis double-pass radiator, with inlet and outlet on passenger side. I'm going Megasquirt, so distributor clearance is not an issue.

RD_TestFit.jpg

RD_TestFitFront.jpg

This is their "off the shelf" chevy-style double-pass radiator. It is quite reasonably priced, but does require fabricating a dropped radiator support.

Ian

'76 M2

Bad angle, but this also is a Ron Davis crossflow radiator. I don't like how warm the s14 runs (always 195-205f), but I know the Spal pusher fan blocks flow. I am leaning toward removing the stock radiator mount similar to Ian and Pinepig, then moving the radiator forward and using a slim puller fan.

P1010406.jpg